Get 100% confirmed booking at just Re. 1. Balance amount will be auto-debited closer to the travel date.
About City Square Motel
check-in 2 PM | check-out 10 AM
Property Location A stay at City Square Motel places you in the heart of Melbourne, within a 15-minute walk of Bourke Street Mall
Property Location A stay at City Square Motel places you in the heart of Melbourne, within a 15-minute walk of Bourke Street Mall and Eureka Tower. This hotel is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from National Gallery of Victoria and 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from Melbourne Central.
Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 39 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and microwaves. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as separate sitting areas and coffee/tea makers.
Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include luggage storage, laundry facilities, and an elevator (lift).
Check in/out Hotel Check-in Time is 2 PM, Check-out Time is 10 AM.
Cancellation Policy Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check the Fare policy associated with your room.
Extra Bed The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
Payment Mode You can pay now or you can pay at the hotel if your selected room type has this option.
User rating & reviews
Read about experiences of fellow travellers who have stayed at this hotel.
EXCELLENT 64 reviews
VERY GOOD 133 reviews
AVERAGE 34 reviews
POOR 14 reviews
TERRIBLE 5 reviews
11 Apr 2018
Better than it looks outside, ....
- Perfect location in CBD, many shops around
- Very nice staff
- Good size room with a table, chairs and a small sofa
- Got everything you need inside the room
- Iron, iron board
- Hair dryer (powerful)
- Luggage rack
- Toiletry including hair conditioner!
- Powerful shower
- Comfy bed and pillows
- Free coffee, tea, and biscuit daily
- Was hard to find the entrance for the first time (reception and lifts are pass behind a currency exchange shop)
- There are closed hours of the reception and did not receive email regarding check-in (but heard that other guests did)
- Lifts had problem during stay so it took forever and could not access stairs
- Housekeeping not done in the morning just FYI, not a big issue though
- No daylight from the window, since there are buildings/offices opposite cannot open curtain for privacy reason
- No safe in room
11 May 2018
Great Service, subsidised park....
What really impressed me was the service over the booking. We booked direct with the hotel via their website. We arrived at about 7:30 pm, not realising that reception closed at 8pm . The lady on reception had already organised our key and invoice as though we were going to miss reception. When we got to our room and logged into the free Wi-Fi, I had been sent an email explaining how to access our room once the front door had been locked, I later noticed that there was a information on the front door who to call should all this have failed.
This is a basic hotel, a bit dark and scruffy in our room with no view but all the facilities worked and we only needed a bed for the night. It is wonderfully centrally placed, everything within walking distance. They have subsidised parking at a nearby multi-storey and the system for getting the discount worked well.
If like us you just want somewhere reasonably priced to sleep and park the car I would recommend them.
06 Jun 2018
Have stayed here frequently over the last year and it is fantastic. Staff are always lovely and welcoming, rooms clean and well equipped, location is perfect and price is excellent value. Thank you to the all the staff that keep this place consistently wonderful!! I am a forever loyal customer!
Solo travel Traveller
26 Apr 2018
Let's be realistic about this ....
You're not going to get 5 star accommodation for $80 AUS a night (just over £40). So don't be disappointed if you can't luxuriate in the sauna or count the single malts in the bar (there isn't one). I stayed 2 nights in April, leaving on Anzac Day.
Don't be misled because I haven't given them an 'excellent' rating. In my book, that requires an extensive 'wow' factor as well as everything else.
However, this is what you get at rock bottom Aussie prices (I think Aussie hotels are overpriced on the whole, but that's a different matter).
1. Location right in the heart of Melbourne - couldn't be better.
2. Clean room, clean toilet and shower, clean sheets.
3. Air conditioning works (but a bit noisy).
4. Very small room (a single, but that's what I paid for)
5. A view (sort of) onto Swanston St, perhaps the main street in Melbourne.
6. Wifi worked (well).
7. Entry after 8pm with door code was simple.
8. Anzac Parade goes past the hotel.
9. Transport in the centre is easy - trams are free for several blocks, then pretty cheap with a Myki card (easily obtained).
10. On the other hand, you can walk pretty much around the central area if you want; it took me just under 10 minutes to get north to the State Library and 20 minutes to get down to the Shrine of Remembrance (for Anzac Day stuff). Check the map.
I'm trying to be even handed here: there were somethings that weren't perfect, as you can see, but that wasn't the fault of the hotel staff; it's just part of a cheap deal. Speaking of hotel staff, the ones I met were cheerful, efficient and helpful - I couldn't have asked more of them.
If you want a budget hotel just to sleep in, right in the heart of Melbourne, I'd happily recommend this one.
Solo travel Traveller
16 May 2018
Great short break stay
When I first arrived I was a little worried about my hotel choice. The room was right next to the lift, very small and had no working light or wifi. However, when I told the hotel, they changed me straight away and I was moved to a lovely, larger room. The rooms were also fully equipped with fridge, kettle and I think mine also had a microwave.
The hotel is surprisingly quiet. It is on one of Melbourne's busiest streets but no street noise at all (although I was on a room at the back, not facing the street).
The staff were friendly - really helpful with directions etc. I had a great time in Melbourne and would stay here again. The location is perfect - very central, close to the train station and tram stops. I would say it is probably worth paying more to get a larger room rather than a single as these felt a little older.