Along with the average Indian’s ambition, air travel has also soared to new heights in recent times. Local airlines have taken to the skies, while airline prices have decreased, making air travel attractive to people. There was more than 20% increase in air travel passengers in 2016. This can be explained by a boom in cheap airline flights, accommodative airline schedules, attractive airline ticket deals, and ease in the booking system. Passengers now also find it easy to compare airline tickets online, assuring them of the best possible deals. Low-cost airlines have played a huge part in the rise in number of Indian flyers.
Rise in Business Class Travel
No wonder, India is the fastest growing airlines market in the world. A testament to this is the rise in airline reservation in business class seats on international travel, as corporates expand their interests globally. From January to August in 2016, bookings in this segment rose by around 75%. Not just business purposes, the younger generation prefers flying in the premium cabin for leisure trips too.
List of Domestic Airlines in India
The most important factor for Indians, before choosing an air carrier, is finding cheap airline flights. Other parameters include leg room and flight punctuality. MakeMyTrip brings you a list of airlines in India to help you choose the best airline tickets.
- Air India – No Indian airlines list is complete without Air India. It is a state owned enterprise and offers both domestic and international operations. Its symbol ‘Maharaja’ is a sign of Indian hospitality.
- Indigo – Indigo is one of the fastest growing of all airlines in India. Headquartered in Gurgaon, India, it is the largest airline in India, in terms of the passengers carried. It offers low fares, on-time arrivals, and a hassle-free flight and booking experience. It promises great value for money.
- Spicejet – Starting its operations in 2005, it is one of the cheapest domestic airlines. A popular low-cost carrier, its tagline “Flying for everyone” sums up its philosophy. It has primary hubs in airports in New Delhi and Hyderabad.
- Vistara – Recently formed in 2015, it is a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines. It offers the best of both worlds, with great hospitality and affordable airline rates. Its name signifies infinite expanse, and the desire to push all boundaries to be the best airline flights and air travel.
- GoAir – GoAir flights are famous for their efficiency and offering state of the art services at the minimum cost. If you want great Indian airlines offers and cheap airline tickets, then look no further. Its network spans prominent business and leisure spots in India.
- JetAirways – Based in Mumbai, it is one of the earliest additions to the list of airlines. It was formed in 1992, and is now the second largest carrier in India. It is best known for its flight punctuality. It is the most on-time airlines of India.
MakeMyTrip’s user friendly navigation helps you find cheap airline tickets; in addition to features such as checking PNR status, airfare calendars, price comparison tools, etc. Come, fly high with us!