Check in/out Hotel Check-in Time is 12 PM, Check-out Time is 12 PM.
Cancellation Policy Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check the Fare policy associated with your room.
Extra Bed The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
Payment Mode You can pay now or you can pay at the hotel if your selected room type has this option.
User rating & reviews
Read about experiences of fellow travellers who have stayed at this hotel.
EXCELLENT 325 reviews
VERY GOOD 182 reviews
AVERAGE 35 reviews
POOR 7 reviews
TERRIBLE 7 reviews
29 May 2018
Charged for five nights after ....
I booked this hotel as my wife and I try to stay at Mercure Hotels as much as possible as we travel around Europe since they are usually pet friendly. I was scheduled to attend a conference in May 2018 in the immediate area so the location would have been great. However, we had a family medical emergency arise that prevented me from travelling. I contacted the hotel more than 24 hours prior to my scheduled arrival to cancel my reservation. However, I was later informed that my reservation required that I cancel more than two months in advance to avoid a full charge for the stay. They subsequently sent me an invoice for the full five nights (more than 500 euros) and thanked me for my payment. I have heard of hotels requiring the first nights payment if not cancelling early enough but never have I had to pay the full stay. My recommendation is to make sure you read the fine print on any reservation at this hotel.
28 May 2018
Well-situated city hotel with ....
My husband and I stayed at Mercure for two nights in May 2018 while on a minibreak to Bucharest to celebrate my husband’s birthday. We stayed in a superior double room with a balcony.
- Staff were friendly and efficient. Check-in was quick and they took note of the birthday, which is always nice. :)
- The room was a sufficient size, although not massive. Good amount of cupboard space and electrical outlets on both sides of bed. Comfy bed. Sound isolation was relatively good, except for the bathroom.
- Very, very good location. When making the reservation, I was slightly hesitant about this since I wanted to avoid using taxis and instead walk and the hotel seemed a bit far from all the major sights. However, after having visited the Old Town, I was very glad I chose this hotel. The Palace of Parliament and Old Town are walkable from the hotel, if you enjoy walking, and the area around Mercure has a lovely local, perhaps the teeniest tiniest upmarket, feel to it. There was none of the rowdiness, touristy bars or bachelor/bachelorette parties that certain other parts of the city were teeming with. Also, within a 3-5 minute walk from the hotel there are lots of fantastic, local bars and restaurants (head towards the area of Le Bistrot Francais and Chocolat etc)
- The shower pressure wasn’t particularly good and it took me a good while to figure out how to operate the bloody thing in the first place. Why so many hotels insist on having “designer” showers that should come with thick manuals is beyond me.
- Sound isolation between bathroom and bedroom was lousy.
- Some reviews rave about the breakfast buffet. If you’re expecting a depressing Italian or French type of breakfast, then Mercure’s breakfast will probably look like a feast. However, if you’re used to Scandi-hotel types of brekkies, then this won’t blow your socks off. Having said that, however, it’s a good spread and contains all the usual things. It would, however, have been nice to see even more Romanian breakfast items on the menu (there were very tasty pretzels, local cheese and, I think, cheesecake). Stay away from the disgustingly oily bacon and the pre-cooked eggs, which were awful. If you want eggs, the made-to-order omelettes (no extra charge) seemed a safer beat. The fact that there was a guy blowing balloons with a machine, for an evening function I think, for the entire duration of our “relaxing” breakfast, didn’t exactly contribute to a calm surrounding.
- For the duration of our stay, I was titled and addressed as “Mrs [my husband’s first and last name”], instead of my own name (we have different surnames). I had planned, booked and paid for the hotel in my own name, so this was absolutely infuriating. (Even the bloody bill is in his name even though I paid for it.) This unacceptable old-fashioned behaviour almost also made us miss our pre-booked airport transfer since I had obviously also booked this in my name from a different company and when the driver asked reception where we were, they had no knowledge that we’d even stayed at the hotel, because they apparently couldn’t understand that I also have a name, different from my husband’s, and that I am also able to make reservations in said name. This type of downright gender discrimination isn’t acceptable behaviour from an international hotel chain in 2018.
All in all, this is a solid, clean and very well-located 4 star city hotel without frills. I would recommend this hotel and could contemplate staying again, were they to actually address me by my own name this time :)
20 May 2018
Nice and clean, perfect for a ....
I stayed in this hotel in May 2018 for a professional trip.
The staff was very friendly, the room was nice and big.
The hotel has been rebuilt very recently and therefore, is very modern. The location is also very great.
Two negatives things :
- Even if there is a large choice of food for breakfast (that was included), the quality was not there ...
- The bed and the pillows are not very comfortable. I think this is really a question of taste, but for me, the pillows and the mattress were way too strong.
11 May 2018
Good location Very Good Hotel
This hotel is located very near Piata Romana Metro Station and Bus Stop. Every part of the city is easily reachable from here through public transport. Large room with spacious bath room made our stay very comfortable. Staff very good and supportive. We could even leave some of our luggage there to be collected on our return leg!
Breakfast was excellent. They are always ready to cook something special for you!! The buffet lunch was simply superb!
Thanks to Accor for the upgrade!!
04 Apr 2018
Great hotel with great restaur....
We had never stayed at a Mercure before but will certainly look for them again when we travel. The staff seems to understand American needs and are very accommodating. They arranged a transfer from the airport and it went flawlessly.
The rooms are very modern and well equipped. They even have wash cloths in the bathroom, which is hard to find in Europe.
The breakfast buffet is ample and good variety for any tastes.