Shimla Hotels Overview:
Are you hassled by the idea of having to stand in never-ending queues to get your tickets? Or having to visit one hotel after another in search of a room of your choice? Or worse, never daring to visit any of your favorite destinations during the peak season because you know you will not get any decent place to stay? I’m sure all of these take all the fun away from the idea of enjoying a holiday. Fret not! Now a wide range of comprehensive choices and instant Shimla hotel booking is just a click away! MakeMyTrip offers the best of services to Indian travellers that makes it the leading online travel company. Having more than 80,000 hotels listed under its belt, MakeMyTrip takes the legacy forward by bringing together a collection of 246 in Shimla. Check out best Shimla hotel deals and offers on more than 246 hotels in Shimla only on MakeMyTrip! Unsure about your hotel preferences? Our hotel experts have come up with a handpicked selection of Shimla hotels for your consideration. Here are the most popular hotels in Shimla: Hotel Willow Banks
, Shimla Havens Resort
, Hotel Prestige
, Hotel Chaman Palace
, Hotel Baljees Regency
. MakeMyTrip rates Shimla hotels at an average rate of 2.3.
TripAdvisor rates Shimla hotels at an average rate of 3.5. Shimla can spoil you with choices when it comes to hotels. Amenities such as Conference & Banquet Facilities, Conference / Banquet Hall, Free WiFi Internet, Gymnasium/Health Club, Indoor Multi Cuisine Restaurant gives you a nice stay! So waste no time and opt from the most preferred hotels in Shimla which will offer services that are pocket-friendly and satisfying.
Frequently Asked Questions
Things to do in Shimla
- ● Kalka Shimla Railway in Shimla: Experience an enchanting journey by boarding the UNESCO recognised Kalka Shimla Railway! Connecting the history-rich town of Kalka with India's finest hill station- Shimla, this route offers some of the most breathtaking sights of the country.
- ● Summer Festival: The Summer Festival in Shimla is a huge annual highlight celebrated in the month of June. A week-long festival, this is very popular with tourists as well as locals because this is when you can witness song and dance performances, fashion shows, cookery shows and even baby pageants.
- ● Green Valley: Oozing boundless beauty, Green Valley is a natural dale near Kufri in Shimla. It is surrounded by verdant hills that are covered with dense forests of pine and deodar. Sometimes rare animals like Yaks can be seen wandering and grazing here.
- ● Kufri: Kufri, nestling 8000 ft above sea level, is a small hill station in Shimla district. It is located at a distance of 16 km from central Shimla, on NH-22. The scenic environs and snow-capped landscapes attract tourists from all parts of the country and abroad.
- ● Manorville Mansion: Manorville Mansion is located in vicinity of the picturesque Summer Hill in Shimla. This mansion is a significant historical property as it once served as residence of Rajkumari Amrit Kaur, daughter of Raja Harnam Singh.
When to visit Shimla
March to June is a popular tourist season in Shimla as the weather is quite pleasant and perfect for outdoor activities. The temperature is comfortable and usually varies between 15°C and 30°C. If you are into adventure sports then this is the ideal time to try paragliding, trekking, camping and rafting. Make sure you carry comfortable walking shoes for going around the Mall Road. Summers are mild and you might need light woolens, especially at night.
What to Pack for Shimla
- ● If visiting Shimla in the summer, carry light cottons for the day as the sun is quite strong. The evenings require a light jacket as temperatures tend to drop.
- ● If visiting Shimla in the winter, carry woollens, thermals and a heavy jacket. To keep warm when it snows, boots, gloves, a cap and muffler are essential.
- ● Motion sickness medication is recommended for those who are prone to sickness on winding roads.
- ● Sunblock and sunglasses will help shield you from the strong sun at a high altitude.
Things to Eat in Shimla
- ● Guchhi Mattar: A popular staple of Himachali vegetarian cuisine, guchhi maattar combines mushrooms and peas in a spicy gravy.
- ● Dham: Dham is a dish usually cooked during festivals. The recipe involves rice, daal and rajma cooked overnight in yogurt.
- ● Kamna Devi Temple: Nestled amidst breathtaking mountainous surroundings atop the Prospect Hill, Kamna Devi Temple is approximately 6 km away from the hill station of Shimla. Perched at an elevation of about 2150 m above sea level, the temple is within walking distance from Boileauganj on Shimla–Bilaspur Road.
- ● Tara Devi Temple: Located amidst picturesque environs on Shimla-Kalka Highway, Tara Devi Temple is a prominent place of religious importance. Nestled atop the Tara Parvat, this temple is approximately 15 km away from the hill station of Shimla.
- ● Jakhu Temple: Nestling atop Jhakhu Hill, the Jhakhu Temple is one of Shimla's popular places of religious importance. It is situated 2.5 km away from the ridge, at an elevation of 8000 ft above sea level.
- ● Kali Bari Temple: Just one km away from Mall Road- the central hub of Shimla, the ancient Kali Bari Temple is a place worth visiting. Dedicated to Goddess Kali, who is also known as Devi Shyamala, this religious edifice is visited by countless devotees every year.
- ● Kogi Mata Temple: Kogi Mata Temple is located in Kogi Village near Naldehra in Shimla. Dedicated to the Hindu Goddess – Kogi Maa, this religious edifice is one of the hill station's prominent places of worship.