Hotels in Kerala
(Find Best Hotels In Kerala at MakeMyTrip)
Kerala is located in the south-western part of the country and shares boundaries with Tamil Nadu as well as Karnataka. Unique natural beauty, the long Malabar coastline and the expansive backwaters of Kerala are major attractions for tourists visiting the state. The best season to visit Kerala is winter as there is incessant rainfall during the monsoon which makes it difficult to get around. For stay, there are plenty of luxury and budget hotels in Kerala that one can choose from.
The state boasts of the highest literacy rate, the highest life expectancy and the highest sex ratio in the country. It is famous as a tourist destination as it has a lot to offer to all types of travellers. Kerala is also extremely famous as a honeymoon destination among Indians. This is why several offers and deals are available on Kerala hotel bookings at all times.
Top cities and localities of Kerala
- Trivandrum: This is the capital of Kerala and also the largest city in the state. It is also well known as the cleanest city of the country. Some of the most amazing beaches are located in Trivandrum. You can also enjoy the International Film Festival of Kerala if you are travelling to the city in the month of December. The Science and Technology Museum, Zoo, Akkulam Tourist Village and Shanghumukham Beach are a few of the famous sightseeing options in Trivandrum.
- Kozhikode: Also known as Calicut, this city is one of the best cities in Kerala. It is famous for its beautiful beaches and waterfalls. Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary is a great tourist spot where you can do some bird watching as there is a variety of migratory as well as local species here, especially during the winter. Other famous tourist spots would be Mananchira Square, Beypore Beach, Dolphin’s Point, Thusharagiri Waterfalls and Tali Temple.
- Varkala: This is one of the most picturesque destinations in Kerala. The peaceful and calming environment of this place is absolutely soothing to tourists, especially the ones looking to spend some quality time with family or friends. The ample options of Kerala hotels here will ensure you get the best deals for your stay.
- Kovalam: It is a small town where you can enjoy the beaches at their best. There is a famous lighthouse here that makes for a great photo point. Houseboats can be hired for the night for an out-of-the-world experience. You will be served delicious coastal cuisine that is prepared on the boat.
- Kochi: This city is famous for its vibrant cultural heritage that one can experience in its various museums. The Kochi Beach Fort is the prized possession of the city and is on the must-visit list of most travellers.
- Munnar: This is the heart of Kerala as it is located in the middle of the Western Ghats. Apart from wonderful weather, it is also famous for the breathtakingly beautiful tea plantations here. The town is blessed with rare species of flora and fauna which are found at Eravikulam National Park. Atukkad Waterfalls, Echo Point, Muniyara Dolmens and Mattupetty Dam are a few of the natural hotspots of this city. Some of the best hotels in Kerala are located here.
Things to do
How to reach