The Oberoi CecilChaura Maidan Road
A kids' activity centre with gaming machines, mini golf, bowling & movie shows
Guided heritage tours of Shimla, forest walks & picnic lunches on request
An indoor temperature-controlled pool - the only one in Shimla & among the highest swimming pools in the world
A colonial-era property, built in 1884, featuring antique furnishings & rooms with 24-hour dedicated butler service
The Oberoi Cecil is a luxurious heritage hotel in the tranquil surroundings of Chaura Maidan in Shimla, where the busy Mall Road ends. Built over a hundred years ago during British Colonial rule for ballroom dances of genteel folk, this grand hotel has been restored to every last detail. Its old-world allure is kept intact with its atrium, common in ancient Roman villas, and candelabra chandeliers that exude the stately ambience of English manors. Enjoy state-of-the-art meeting rooms, apart from indulging in numerous spa therapies to unwind and let your little ones have a blast with supervised activities exclusively designed for them.
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in temperaturecontrolled indoor swimming pool. The interiors here are brilliantly decorated by large column uplights.
- Rejuvenate your senses at the spa with picturesque views of Shimla Valley.
- Choose any workout session with cardiovascular weights, free weights and weights at the fitness centre.
- At The Oberoi Cecil, the two soundproofed meeting rooms can occupy up to 40 people and offer different seating arrangements. Use the lounge area for a quick break from a hectic meeting. Make use of excellent catering services inside or use the private dining area that can be reserved for eight people.
- For numerous social events, enjoy special curated menu from the chefs.
- Unwind properly with a complete body massage and exfoliation followed by Oberois trademark head massage, dhara.
- Enjoy a finedining experience in a private dining area with a specially curated menu for the four-course romantic candlelit dinner and choose your own wine bottle from the available selection for a perfect evening.
- Take the excellent Colonial Heritage Tour offering a walk around Viceregal Lodge, Clarkes Hotel, Gorton Castle and other historical landmarks to gain insights on the citys British Colonial architecture and history.
- Enjoy a walk or drive through thick cedar forest to Annandale and take in the aweinspiring landscape.
- Let your young ones play table tennis, mini golf and foosball at the Childrens Activity Centre. With a talent competition every week here, your little ones will be encouraged to write poems or draw. Also, every week this activity centre becomes a movie hall where your kids can enjoy watching their favourite films.
- Reserve a table at The Restaurant serving local Himachali delights along with cuisines from all over India and the world. Being the grand ballroom during Colonial times, enjoy its warmly lit ambience with gorgeous mountain views from the window booths.
- Enjoy the antiquated setting of The Lounge and Bar with a softly played grand piano on the background and the interiors decorated with streetstyle lamps of Victorian-era London. Sip exquisite cocktails or enjoy drinking tea in the afternoons here.
This luxury hotel consists of 75 rooms and suites and these are the following accommodation options:
- The suites are categorised into Luxury and Deluxe.
- The Luxury Suite offers unparalleled views of the citys iconic railway line and Cart Road surrounded by the verdant landscape. Take in the rich Colonial ambience with Victorian ottoman, leathertopped working desk, and candle-style lamps beside your king-sized bed. With a separate master bedroom, this suite also offers a personal terrace, a separate lounge area along with an individual luggage space and separate walk-in closet. To sleep comfortably, pick your preferred pillow from the long pillow menu list.
- While only some of the Deluxe suites offer private terraces, you can enjoy excellent views of the tall cedar trees from the large windows in all the suites in this category. Work comfortably in these suites with the facsimile and photocopier machines along with a direct dial telephone line.
- The rooms are categorised into Premier Valley View, Luxury, and Deluxe. The interior dcor of these airconditioned rooms also maintain the rich antiquated ambience with polished teak flooring. Enjoy working on the well-designed wooden writing desks and comfortable chairs and make use of turndown services twice every day.
- Make use of 24hour in-room dining and butler services in all rooms and suites. Use high-speed internet up to four devices and pick from a range of movies available in the in-house collection.