If you are planning a Greece trip, MakeMyTrip is the right place to come to. Whatever your travel preference, you will find suitable Greece holiday packages here. Whether you are looking for Greece packages for a family or a couple, whether you need escorted Greece tour packages for your parents or an offbeat Greece vacation for yourself, MakeMyTrip can help you sort out your Greece trip plan.
MakeMyTrip currently offers over 7 tour packages to Greece, with prices starting as low as Rs.77990.0. Explore a variety of itineraries and choose from Greece travel packages with or without flights. With our unbeatable deals and discounts, your money goes further! Don’t forget to add tours and activities to your selected Greece tour packages.
We curate our Greece packages by theme as well, to help you find your kind of holiday. Whether you are planning your honeymoon and looking for romantic Greece packages for couples or simply want an adventurous Greece trip with friends, you will find the right choice at MakeMyTrip. Be it a short trip or long, a relaxing stay or an active holiday, whatever your travel style, MakeMyTrip has the right Greece vacation packages for you to choose from. Looking for a luxury holiday? Check out our luxury Greece packages offering the best of hotels and inclusions designed to pamper you on your Greece vacation.
To help you prepare for your Greece travel, we have put together some tips such as the best time to visit Greece, things to do in Greece and so on. Read on to learn more!
Greece is a holiday destination offering novel experiences in its many locations around the thousand islands that make up this ancient country. You can choose to travel any time of the year by opting for the best Greece tour package from MakeMyTrip, whatever the season. Located in South Eastern Europe, it is a landmark neatly lodged between the Aegean and Ionic Seas. The country also lies at the crossroads of Asia, Africa and Europe. The capital, Athens is its largest city followed by Thessaloniki.
Greece Tour Packages
|Best Of Greece 2019 (Without Air)
||8 Days/7 Nights
|BEST OF GREECE 2019
||8 Days/7 Nights
|Essence of Greece and Italy
||9 Days/8 Nights
|Jewels of Greece with Flight
||7 Days/6 Nights
When you reach the capital, you will see a 5th century landmark - the hilltop citadels of Acropolis sits right in the middle of the city of Athens. The contrasting ruins beautifully overlook the contemporary developments brought about by civilisation. The blue coloured rooftop of the villas in the serene city of Santorini resound the azure blue waters below in the Aegean Sea and the clear blue sky above. A 19th century Navagio (shipwreck) sits in an exposed cove on the white sands of the north western side of the island of Zakynthos.
If you have ever dreamt of a holiday cruise with deep blue sea waters or a honeymoon celebration in a yacht, or of adventurous activities in some scenic locations, then Greece is the right place for you. The packages offered by MakeMyTrip are many, with special Greece honeymoon packages, with the best in class amenities to make your holiday perfect and memorable. So, just dive right in and enjoy the luxury of simplicity.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Greece is believed to be in spring, early summer (mid-April to mid-June) or autumn (Sept to mid-October). If you don’t like the peak tourist season, you can avoid travelling during the month of August. But if you like the cold, especially snow-covered landscapes, feel free to book a Greece package in the winter.
Winters are cold with variations of dry, wet and warm weathers while summers are plain hot. In the spring season, you get to celebrate a prolonged Easter week (Eastern holidays and St. George’s Day), whilst enjoying the pleasant weather. The autumn season greets you with clear calm and warm waters for you to dive and swim in. The tourist numbers dwindle down to a sparse few and as a result, you can enjoy a more peaceful vacation during these months. To know more, just visit the MakeMyTrip website and check out the exciting range of Greece holiday packages to choose one that suits your requirement.
How to reach If you prefer reaching Greece by flight, you can choose from a great deal of flights available on MakeMyTrip and offered at compelling prices. Also, you can check out the Greece packages with airfares for a hassle-free transfer to your holiday destination. The idea of travelling by trains or roadways have taken a backseat ever since flights have become an affordable means for long distance travelling. For tourists coming in from other parts of Europe, a rail ticket is your best friend to reach Greece in comfort and style.
Sea routes also provide another option of travelling over to Patras, Greece, its third largest city via ferries, from the neighbouring port cities such as Trieste, Venice, Ancona, Bari and Brindisi. It is also possible to take a ferry to Kefalonia (Cephalonia) from Bari and Brindisi in the summer months. Indian tourists can avail a range of indirect flights from most of the metropolitan cities like Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Calcutta, Kozhikode and Mumbai over to Athens. Check out the best deals on Greece package with airfares on MakeMyTrip.
Places to see Greece offers a sea of tourist destinations scattered all over the south-eastern European peninsula. You can go on a cruise vacation, which is a complete world of its own or head over to the never ending paradise of beautiful sights. Go on a hike through one of its majestic landscapes and witness shutter-worthy sunrise and sunsets. Relax at one of the villa pools that overlook the mesmerising scenery. With so many choices at hand, discover the ancient paradise at your leisure.
- Visit the heart of Greece: Athens is not only the capital but the very epicentre of where the history of a powerful civilisation began and an empire emerged. The hilltop citadel of Acropolis, with the colonnaded structures distinguishing ancient structures, such as the Parthenon temple, represent a stark image of a once powerful civilisation; its ruins still standing tall in the sands of time. You can drop in at the Acropolis Museum and the National Archaeological Museum to witness age-old sculptures, vases, jewelleries and other well preserved relics of ancient Greece.
- The historically important structures have now become distinct landmarks, its originality still beautifully curated between contemporary architectural buildings. The modern city of Athens presents a bustling night life hub in locations such as Kolonaki, Psiri and Gazi. Walkways such as the ‘pedestrian only’ areas in the Palaka neighbourhood present tempting cafes, classical Greek tavernas and neoclassical houses. You can also leisure around the ‘Grand Promenade walkway’ built for the 2004 Olympics and admire at the crumbling timeless relics of the ancient Agora of Athens complex.
Get swept over by the panorama of Santorini: The best part of this island destination is that it sits right on the top of a caldera, a volcanic mountain that went active in the 16th century. The two towns of Fira and Oira that dot the rugged landscape with a stunningly captivating arrangement of its whitewashed, cubiform houses, cling to this caldera’s cliffs and overlook the Aegean Sea, small islands to the west and and beaches made up of volcanic mountain pebbles.
The villas are topped with blue-painted roofs that resonate with the blue sky above and the deep blue waters below. One can enjoy this serene panorama easily from the numerous pools that decorates these villas. The ancient city of Thera lies frozen in time by the volcanic eruption beneath the waters.
You can enjoy sunset views from the Oia castle in the coastal town of Oia or visit the prehistoric museum of ancient Thera in the Greek town of Fira on your Greece tour package from MakeMyTrip.
Witness the beach party scene in Greece: Mykonos represents the summer beach party scene in Greece. Party animals are sure to dance their hearts out with world-renowned DJs playing their best tracks in massive dance clubs located in the beaches of ‘Paradise’ and ‘Super Paradise’. Another landmark attraction is the typical 16th century windmills that sit on top of the Mykonos town.
The town of Mykonos is traversed by narrow, curvy lanes lined with cubiform houses decorated with uniform colours of blue doors, shutters and sculptured bougainvillea contouring. You can find the heart of the retail scene at the Matoyianni Street where high end shops, cafes and art galleries are profound.
Always remember: a day spent well in Greece is a day you will cherish for your entire life. Make sure to plan your journey well by including the best spots in your Greece tour package.
What to eat While it is utterly relaxing to sit by a sparkling body of blue water or spend time taking snaps of the awesome landscapes that Greece has to offer, your tummy should not be denied any of the Greek culinary delights. Droll over some of the best mouth-watering foods in Greece:
- Let’s start with some salad: The Greek salad is undoubtedly one of the most notable salads in the world. The salad is a staple diet in Greece, accompanying most of the meals. Made from fresh crunchy cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, the salad is well seasoned with salt and oregano, dressed with olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice and a generous helping of Greek feta cheese.
- Wait, is it a dip or a salad? The taramalasta is a creamy, pink-coloured delight made from fish roe (eggs). This delectable food is far from the usual fishy flavour that many fish-based cuisines have, mainly because of the blend of olive oil and lemon juice. This is a dip, although it is sometimes confused for a salad.
- The cooling freshness of Greek yoghurt: The Tzatziki is a wonder made with the infamous Greek yoghurt and cucumber, seasoned with some garlic. This salad pairs best with grilled meat or courgette meat balls or consumed alone - it is a refreshing delight!
- Oven baked to perfection: The Moussaka is a layered, perennial favourite, relished throughout the Mediterranean and beyond. Variations are found throughout these regions. The secret of this dish lies in the layering of sautéed aubergine, layered with a tomato and minced meat sauce, flavoured with onion, garlic and spices like cinnamon and allspice, a bit of potato and topped with grated cheese and Béchamel sauce.
Greek cuisine stretches far beyond the above mentioned few. There are plenty more amazing options to try from. Make sure you try as many culinary delights as possible on your Greece tour.
Priceless experiences (that suit your pocket) in Greece:
Greece is full of ancient wonders, naturally beautiful landscapes, stunning panoramas imbibed together with in the modern world. You can visit numerous museums at almost free rates, shop your clothes by weight, walk around the recently opened Aristotle’s Lyceum, go for a free tour of the city of Athens or find a free event. Some of the places you can check out for free or at very cheap rates are:
- Museums at every nook and corner: Finding a museum or an architectural centre in Greece’s capital Athens is extremely easy. It is said that you can throw a rock in any random corner and head over there to find a museum. Explore age-old relics that belong to a once great powerful era of kings and their empire.
- Shop your clothes by the kilos: That’s right! You can buy fashionable clothes paying by their weight at the Kilo Shop in Athens. It’s too good to be true.
Back to school - follow Aristotle’s teachings: At the Aristotle’s Lyceum, you can walk around archaeological spaces, take in the feel of the monuments or even sit in the lawns for a picnic. Originally called the ‘peripatetic school’ where Aristotle urged his disciples to take long walks while conversing, this site was just recently opened to public.
Find a free event: Whether it is a concert, workshop, performances, exhibitions or screenings, there is always one going on, and for free.
Learn about the Greece capital for free: Certain local organisations offer tours around the city of Athens. They will let you in on many of the fascinating secrets and facts about Athens.
Catch the metro art: The metro of the city of Athens uncovered ancient remains and relics of the once great kingdom. They decided to put it up on display for the visitors to admire. So, join the fun.
Bargain at the Monastiraki flea market: This flea market is spread over a large area from Monastiraki square, around the metro and up to the Ermou Street in Athens. Browse through the vendors and bargain your way out of it. It’s a good place to test your skills for the range of clothes, old books, collectibles and home décor items on offer.
Walk up the the hill known for romantic weddings: Enjoy a cool walk up the steep steps of the Lycabettus hill amongst pine trees and shrubs. Have one of the most extensive views of the city of Athens from the Lycabettus parking lot.
The mythical land of Greece with stunning landscape panoramas and exotic scenic beauty is all out there to be explored. So, book your Greece honeymoon packages to enjoy a romantic vacation with your partner, or choose from any of the Greece tour packages to explore the best of Greece.