Hotels in Pondicherry
(216 Hotels in Pondicherry Price Starts @ Rs. 601 - Search for Deals Upto 50% OFF)
The management has changed hands from Neemrana toDune group. Dune is no match for Neemrana but staff at hotel is trying hard. Food is good. Breakfast in short stay of three days gets on nerves due to absolutely no variety. Top class period furniture. Absolutely clean. Worst is no bar license. Thos is a total **** joy. No view of beach but beach is just couple of minutes away. Overall a great place. Wonderful stay
GULSHAN CHADHA | Fri, Mar 30, '18
Rs. 4,815Choose Dates
Recently Viewed Hotels in Pondicherry
The location is awesome, right in White Town and just a 2 min walk from the Promenade Beach and surrounded by lots of cafes and shops around it. The staff is courteous and leave no stone un turned in there hospitality. The rooms are quite small and cozy. Its good option if you plan to roam outdoors all the time and come back only for sleeping. We did just that so had a great stay. All required amenities are available and the rooms are very neat and clean. The roof top Restaurant has a lovely ambience and we loved spending time there.
Veechi Mishra | Mon, Jan 22, '18
Rs. 2,937Choose Dates
Excellent location, good hospitality, Staff were very friendly and responsive, room was clean. Complementary breakfast was brought from outside restaurant. Food was OK. Better to have own restaurant. Coffee maker in the room would help. Power went in the middle of the night and they turned on the generator once I called the reception.
Balaji Srinivasan | Wed, May 2, '18
Rs. 1,605Choose Dates
It was really a great stay at the hotel. Beach was very close by and you can find the shopping all in walkable distance. I really like the roof top restaurant with Lounge. Overall it was a very decent and worth for money stay.
Dayalan | Sat, May 12, '18
Rs. 4,066Choose Dates
Pros:. Clean room. Courteous staff. Near to Anna Salai, Pondy. Near to shopping street . . Cons:. Very limited Parking space. Power outage too many times on 18/May/18. Complementary breakfast - please avoid and have outside. Little narrow street - careful driving even mid size cars
Prabakaran S | Sat, May 19, '18
Rs. 1,338Choose Dates
Room & hospitality of the hotel is good ,. Location of the room is good there is no check in & check out timing limitations ,. We enjoyed a lot, and persons were more supportive. Since the hotel is in main Location we can access any where to the city
ModiParamesh Subramanian | Sun, Mar 18, '18
Rs. 1,391Choose Dates
Great experience I must say. It's really very close to bus stand and they helped to get rental two wheeler as well. Food is decent for free breakfast and location is close to ashram, food joints and beaches. (Hardly 3 km). Surely I recommend this place for stay for its price.
Vani Krishnan | Fri, Mar 30, '18
Rs. 2,087Choose Dates
Recently Booked Hotels in Pondicherry
Food quality is not good. Wash room has to be repaired and replaced with new materials. Even the cup is also damaged. AC is not working well. Service is good. Staff behaviour is al ...
Really a good hotel in Puducherry for stay with family or friends. The rooms are well maintained, neat and clean. Check-in was easy and the staff were friendly and helpful. Had tandoori food dishes from restaurant, the taste was nice. Beach and park areas are within a kilometer. For breakfast, they served traditional south indian items. Overall, the stay was comfortable and happy.
Rahul Chandran | Tue, May 8, '18
Rs. 1,391Choose Dates
Nice place and very unique. Service from staff whilst good bordered on trying too hard. A/C non-existent despite some sort of unit in room. Great to stay once but would try different hotel next time. Service bordering on irritating, at one point after ordering a drink I was asked how many I wanted . Bizarre. Lack of proper a/c a
Emma McLaughlin | Sun, May 13, '18
Rs. 6,419Choose Dates
Stay was comfortable. Hotel room was spacious. Good ambience. Awesome Beach view. Breakfast was delicious. Cleanliness has to be appreciated. Excellent facilities. Staff and service is good. Really worth for money
Dr Kavya Sankar | Mon, Apr 23, '18
Rs. 6,847Choose Dates
Stayed there for 2 days. Detailed review :. Pros. Worth the money. Good Staffing. Good Ambience. Spacious room. Near to the rock beach. Couple Friendly . . Cons :. Temperature of bathroom was high. Low quality of soap and shampoo. Suspect that used soaps are provided, found hairs in a newly packed soap
Vaisakh Unnikrishnan | Mon, May 14, '18
Rs. 1,552Choose Dates
Golden Sun Inn is situated at central location in Pondichery. The staff are very good manned and has smiling face. The room is small and net is weak which they have to improve. Good location and near to all sight seeing places.
Sridhar Sounderajan | Thu, Apr 19, '18
Rs. 1,244Choose Dates
Good experience in staying here. Location is very good, just opposite rock beach. Good restaurant nearby. Staff is also very friendly and cordial. Breakfast provided by hotel is good. Breakfast is given on rooftop overlooking beach.
Prafull Chinchole | Sun, May 13, '18
Rs. 2,541Choose Dates
Good place to live if you are on a solo trip. Nice location the French colony, the promenade beach is near by. Bike rental stores are at walking distance. You will get an awesome filter coffee at one food stall situated at 1 minute walking distance. Value for money. Just go for it
Dr. Swapnil Modak | Thu, Mar 1, '18
Rs. 1,605Choose Dates
We stayed at Kerai for two nights. After spending a day at the White Town we did not have high expectation. But we were pleasantly surprised on reaching the hotel. The check-in was prompt and the room assigned was spacious and clean. The bathroom was also clean and hot water was available. Secondly, the location is really good. If you want to go to White Town, you can take a rickshaw for around 100 rs else you can hire a cab. A lot of good eateries are also located in the vicinity. Highly recommended. Thirdly, the staff is very friendly and ready to help.
Aditi Kotoky | Wed, Feb 14, '18
Rs. 3,210Choose Dates
It is good and clean room also wash room Area also nice near by lot of tables main area lot of enjoyments and near by bystand bike parking also available water facilities excellent also Hard water... It is totally good value for money in this hotel new royal.
Manimaran Kannan | Sun, Mar 5, '17
Rs. 2,354Choose Dates
Very nice residency in Pondicherry. Good responsibles. Nice break fast. Hotel cleaning also very nice. The wonderful experience in hotel. Overall very worthful hotel. Room service also better ,,
Manikandan sivasubramanian | Sun, May 13, '18
Rs. 1,124Choose Dates
Fetching Searched Results, Please Wait...
About Hotel Booking in Pondicherry
Pondicherry, also known as Puducherry, is a union territory on the eastern coast of India, located near Chennai. Its serene beaches, luxurious beach resorts, and secluded backwaters attract tourists from across the world. Peace lovers flock to the city from various parts of the globe to meditate and leave their worries behind at Auroville and Aurobindo Ashram, the two major landmarks of the city.
Since 1674 to the post-independence era, Pondicherry served as one of the main French settlements in the country. In 1963, Pondicherry was officially declared an Indian union territory. However, till date, the city houses a mix of Tamil and French-influenced lifestyle, as indicated in the local culture and cuisines of the city.
As a melting pot of eastern and western cultures, Pondicherry has a lot to offer. Take a relaxed weekend break at Pondicherry, by browsing through makemytrip.com and booking the best MakeMyTrip hotel in Pondicherry that suits your requirements. Be it cheap and budget-ranges or luxurious accommodations, India’s favourite travel partner offers them all at unmatched rates with great offers, at the click of a button!
Best localities in Pondicherry
- Promenade, White Town – For those seeking an eclectic mix of the colonial era and the modern world, this locale is well suited. Walk along the boulevards across the Mediterranean-style picturesque houses in this locality and taste authentic French cuisines at the pretty bakeries. King’s City Residency is an economical option which is great if you have kids or infants with you, as you can cook your own meals in the private kitchenettes. Lovers of luxury can opt for Promenade Pondicherry, popular for its simplistic French architecture and lies at walking distance from the beach. Hotel Villa Krish is another beautiful Pondicherry hotel that offers incredible amenities at affordable prices.
- Auroville – Experience tranquility at its best at Auroville or the Aurobindo Ashram and watch the cultural performances offered by the ashram in the evenings. Olive de Villa is a budget-friendly, top-rated MakeMyTrip hotel in Pondicherry. By booking rooms here, you can easily visit nearby tourist attractions, including Botanical Gardens, Immaculate Conception Cathedral, and Varadaraja Perumal Temple. Another affordable alternative in the vicinity is Oyo 100054 near Auroville beach, which offers a warm and comfortable stay. Reside in the heart of the French cultural hub of the city by opting to stay at the Auro Resort and Spa, a short walk away from the beach, coffee shops, clubs, and restaurants.
- Mission Street– If you wish to live in the centre of all the hustle and bustle you must choose accommodations at Mission Street or MG Road, the commercial hubs of the town. MRK Inn is a good and cheap option in this area and is at stone throw from Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar temple and Immaculate Conception Cathedral. Le Mirage is another option in the heart of the city and is near tourist attractions such as Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Eglise de Notre Dam des Agnes.
Things to do
- Experience the best of French cuisines with some chilled beer at the cute cafes along the sea shore, at the French colony of Pondicherry, by booking the best of Hotels in Pondicherry at attractive prices and deals. Unwind from your hectic schedules by taking a leisurely stroll during the sunset along the city’s long coastline or take a relaxed bicycle ride while café hopping in this laid back town.
- Watch the sunrise and take a leisurely stroll across the Serenity beach or Paradise beach, along the Promenade.
- Ride a pedal boat at Chunnambar boat house or Oustery lake. Unwind at the Botanical Garden and Bharati Park.
- Shop till you drop at Goubert market and click Instagram-worthy pictures at the French Colony, known for its beautiful backdrop of walls and whitewashed fences.
- Take a cooking demo of the traditional cuisines of the region and learn about textile weaving, bamboo art, puppet shows, and handmade paper tours. These are offered by the SITA Cultural Centre, which also offers classes on Tanjavur painting, Kolam or Rangoli, and mehendi or henna.
- Hire bikes and explore the town at your own pace and go on a fishing trip at the local villages.
How to reach/Transportation HubsBy Air: The nearest airport to Pondicherry is located at Chennai, at a distance of around 135 km.
By Train: Pondicherry has a connecting train from Chennai via Villupuram, on Pondicherry Express.
By Bus: Pondicherry is well connected by bus to important cities nearby, such as Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Coimbatore.
By Taxi: Pondicherry has a good roadway system and can be availed to reach the city from nearby cities, including Chennai and Bangalore.
Singup with Makemytrip Biz to book business hotels in pondicherry.