Hotels in Pondicherry
(46 Hotels in Pondicherry Price Starts @ Rs. 1500 - Search for Deals Upto 50% OFF)
We were not provided as promised. We were given only 1 deluxe room and were promised 2. Toilets were not clean. Sanitary products not available in any of the rest rooms. We had to wait for 1 hour before we could get our rooms and had to adjust as per owners wish. We were also told to shift for night to a diff location as the owner wanted to accommodate on of his old guest. Overall it was not a pleasant experience. I tried to reach MMT during our stay, but due to network issue.
Rakesh | Mon, Feb 5, '18
Recently Viewed Hotels in Pondicherry
SOLDOUT * for selected dates
SOLDOUT * for selected dates
Room was OK, location is the key point. Facility also OK. Food and service was worst thing of the hotel. And staff behaviour on service. Especially dinner food was pathetic. Even after telling don't want spicy food still they will prepare and serve you the spicy ones.
Aruna Panigrahy | Sat, Mar 31, '18
Recently Booked Hotels in Pondicherry
It is good and clean room also wash room Area also nice near by lot of tables main area lot of enjoyments and near by bystand bike parking also available water facilities excellent also Hard water... It is totally good value for money in this hotel new royal.
Manimaran Kannan | Sun, Mar 5, '17
My overall experience this is OK worth for money & one more thing this hotel to beach is walkable distance only so this hotel is OK value for money and my colleague was referred this hotel for me, rooms are neat and clean this is OK for me again I will stay here so this is OK
Gopal Krishnan | Wed, May 9, '18
Food quality is not good. Wash room has to be repaired and replaced with new materials. Even the cup is also damaged. AC is not working well. Service is good. Staff behaviour is also good. Nice location.
GOWTHAM GURUSAMY | Wed, May 16, '18
Hotel is located in very good place and staff was very helpful. There is theatre near by and good restaurants(veg and non veg). Walkable distance from busstand. We enjoyed our stay because of hotel staff and it's ambience.
Aishwarya | Mon, Sep 5, '16
Fetching Searched Results, Please Wait...
About Hotel Booking in Pondicherry
Pondicherry, also known as Puducherry, is a union territory on the eastern coast of India, located near Chennai. Its serene beaches, luxurious beach resorts, and secluded backwaters attract tourists from across the world. Peace lovers flock to the city from various parts of the globe to meditate and leave their worries behind at Auroville and Aurobindo Ashram, the two major landmarks of the city.
Since 1674 to the post-independence era, Pondicherry served as one of the main French settlements in the country. In 1963, Pondicherry was officially declared an Indian union territory. However, till date, the city houses a mix of Tamil and French-influenced lifestyle, as indicated in the local culture and cuisines of the city.
As a melting pot of eastern and western cultures, Pondicherry has a lot to offer. Take a relaxed weekend break at Pondicherry, by browsing through makemytrip.com and booking the best MakeMyTrip hotel in Pondicherry that suits your requirements. Be it cheap and budget-ranges or luxurious accommodations, India’s favourite travel partner offers them all at unmatched rates with great offers, at the click of a button!
Best localities in Pondicherry
- Promenade, White Town – For those seeking an eclectic mix of the colonial era and the modern world, this locale is well suited. Walk along the boulevards across the Mediterranean-style picturesque houses in this locality and taste authentic French cuisines at the pretty bakeries. King’s City Residency is an economical option which is great if you have kids or infants with you, as you can cook your own meals in the private kitchenettes. Lovers of luxury can opt for Promenade Pondicherry, popular for its simplistic French architecture and lies at walking distance from the beach. Hotel Villa Krish is another beautiful Pondicherry hotel that offers incredible amenities at affordable prices.
- Auroville – Experience tranquility at its best at Auroville or the Aurobindo Ashram and watch the cultural performances offered by the ashram in the evenings. Olive de Villa is a budget-friendly, top-rated MakeMyTrip hotel in Pondicherry. By booking rooms here, you can easily visit nearby tourist attractions, including Botanical Gardens, Immaculate Conception Cathedral, and Varadaraja Perumal Temple. Another affordable alternative in the vicinity is Oyo 100054 near Auroville beach, which offers a warm and comfortable stay. Reside in the heart of the French cultural hub of the city by opting to stay at the Auro Resort and Spa, a short walk away from the beach, coffee shops, clubs, and restaurants.
- Mission Street– If you wish to live in the centre of all the hustle and bustle you must choose accommodations at Mission Street or MG Road, the commercial hubs of the town. MRK Inn is a good and cheap option in this area and is at stone throw from Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar temple and Immaculate Conception Cathedral. Le Mirage is another option in the heart of the city and is near tourist attractions such as Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Eglise de Notre Dam des Agnes.
Things to do
- Experience the best of French cuisines with some chilled beer at the cute cafes along the sea shore, at the French colony of Pondicherry, by booking the best of Hotels in Pondicherry at attractive prices and deals. Unwind from your hectic schedules by taking a leisurely stroll during the sunset along the city’s long coastline or take a relaxed bicycle ride while café hopping in this laid back town.
- Watch the sunrise and take a leisurely stroll across the Serenity beach or Paradise beach, along the Promenade.
- Ride a pedal boat at Chunnambar boat house or Oustery lake. Unwind at the Botanical Garden and Bharati Park.
- Shop till you drop at Goubert market and click Instagram-worthy pictures at the French Colony, known for its beautiful backdrop of walls and whitewashed fences.
- Take a cooking demo of the traditional cuisines of the region and learn about textile weaving, bamboo art, puppet shows, and handmade paper tours. These are offered by the SITA Cultural Centre, which also offers classes on Tanjavur painting, Kolam or Rangoli, and mehendi or henna.
- Hire bikes and explore the town at your own pace and go on a fishing trip at the local villages.
How to reach/Transportation HubsBy Air: The nearest airport to Pondicherry is located at Chennai, at a distance of around 135 km.
By Train: Pondicherry has a connecting train from Chennai via Villupuram, on Pondicherry Express.
By Bus: Pondicherry is well connected by bus to important cities nearby, such as Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Coimbatore.
By Taxi: Pondicherry has a good roadway system and can be availed to reach the city from nearby cities, including Chennai and Bangalore.
Singup with Makemytrip Biz to book business hotels in pondicherry.