Hotels in Pondicherry
(170 Hotels in Pondicherry Price Starts @ Rs. 399 - Search for Deals Upto 50% OFF)
Great experience I must say. It's really very close to bus stand and they helped to get rental two wheeler as well. Food is decent for free breakfast and location is close to ashram, food joints and beaches. (Hardly 3 km). Surely I recommend this place for stay for its price.
Vani Krishnan | Fri, Mar 30, '18
Rs. 2,087Choose Dates
The management has changed hands from Neemrana toDune group. Dune is no match for Neemrana but staff at hotel is trying hard. Food is good. Breakfast in short stay of three days gets on nerves due to absolutely no variety. Top class period furniture. Absolutely clean. Worst is no bar license. Thos is a total **** joy. No view of beach but beach is just couple of minutes away. Overall a great place. Wonderful stay
GULSHAN CHADHA | Fri, Mar 30, '18
Rs. 5,885Choose Dates
It was really a great stay at the hotel. Beach was very close by and you can find the shopping all in walkable distance. I really like the roof top restaurant with Lounge. Overall it was a very decent and worth for money stay.
Dayalan | Sat, May 12, '18
Rs. 7,490Choose Dates
Recently Viewed Hotels in Pondicherry
Golden Sun Inn is situated at central location in Pondichery. The staff are very good manned and has smiling face. The room is small and net is weak which they have to improve. Good location and near to all sight seeing places.
Sridhar Sounderajan | Thu, Apr 19, '18
Rs. 1,980Choose Dates
Stayed for two days and enjoyed the stay completely. Nice hotel with good facilities and housekeeping staff are very prompt and address your issues almost immediately. The hotel should work on the buffet breakfast menu. Barring that, it is a wonderful place to stay.
SIVAPRIYAN ETB | Fri, May 11, '18
Rs. 3,531Choose Dates
Excellent location, good hospitality, Staff were very friendly and responsive, room was clean. Complementary breakfast was brought from outside restaurant. Food was OK. Better to have own restaurant. Coffee maker in the room would help. Power went in the middle of the night and they turned on the generator once I called the reception.
Balaji Srinivasan | Wed, May 2, '18
Rs. 1,605Choose Dates
Recently Booked Hotels in Pondicherry
Hotel is located in very good place and staff was very helpful. There is theatre near by and good restaurants(veg and non veg). Walkable distance from busstand. We enjoyed our stay because of hotel staff and it's ambience.
Aishwarya | Mon, Sep 5, '16
Rs. 2,135Choose Dates
Very nice residency in Pondicherry. Good responsibles. Nice break fast. Hotel cleaning also very nice. The wonderful experience in hotel. Overall very worthful hotel. Room service also better ,,
Manikandan sivasubramanian | Sun, May 13, '18
Rs. 1,445Choose Dates
It is good and clean room also wash room Area also nice near by lot of tables main area lot of enjoyments and near by bystand bike parking also available water facilities excellent also Hard water... It is totally good value for money in this hotel new royal.
Manimaran Kannan | Sun, Mar 5, '17
Rs. 2,354Choose Dates
We booked 2 maple rooms at a discounted price and the hotel was a total worth. The place was totally amazing and the rooms were fabulous. Swimming pool was good but too much chlorinated. The place is a bit far from Pondi and you should cross the toll booth every time for entering Pondi. Overall we enjoyed a lot and this place was totally awesome for photoshoots.
Adhithya Jayakumar | Tue, May 15, '18
Rs. 5,135Choose Dates
Really liked the property. They have most of the facilities a resort provides and the best part is the location. It has an awesome view of the back waters and a private entry to paradise beach. The service provided by the staff was very satisfactory! Would definitely recommend to others and I would definitely go back here.
Pavan Kumar | Fri, Apr 20, '18
Rs. 8,910Choose Dates
Make my trip was really helpful in resolving my issue. Thy also gave me an upgrade as I had problems in getting the booking confirmed. Three cheers to MMT. The hotel stay was really good and I felt like it's a good value for money
Shiva | Sun, Dec 31, '17
Rs. 2,504Choose Dates
Don't stay at this hotel. They don't provide clean water or bed sheets. Rooms are not cleaned. You have to go down stare to ask for water. AC and TV remotes don't work properly. And price is too high. We stayed there for 2 nights and the first morning we have to ask for the breakfast repeatedly and the morning we have to check-out they brought the breakfast by 7 and told us to check-out soon even though our check-out time is 12 pm. Very bad services.
Jyoti Sahoo | Sun, Oct 1, '17
Rs. 2,121Choose Dates
Very Nearer to shore and pleasant environment to get relaxed. NV food is too bad, pool is too small and Service is good. Rooms are neat. Overall the experience is good .. 3. 5/5 will be my ratings for resort
Madan Kumar Ravi | Sat, Feb 17, '18
Rs. 6,187Choose Dates
Excellent room and service, A/c could have been better as it was taking lot of time to cool the room. Good clean bathroom. Pool was good and instructor was available. Buffet breakfast was apt for the money paid. Good parking space and very near to town area and beach
Jyothish Soman | Thu, Apr 19, '18
Room & hospitality of the hotel is good ,. Location of the room is good there is no check in & check out timing limitations ,. We enjoyed a lot, and persons were more supportive. Since the hotel is in main Location we can access any where to the city
ModiParamesh Subramanian | Sun, Mar 18, '18
Rs. 1,391Choose Dates
Fetching Searched Results, Please Wait...
About Hotel Booking in Pondicherry
Pondicherry, also known as Puducherry, is a union territory on the eastern coast of India, located near Chennai. Its serene beaches, luxurious beach resorts, and secluded backwaters attract tourists from across the world. Peace lovers flock to the city from various parts of the globe to meditate and leave their worries behind at Auroville and Aurobindo Ashram, the two major landmarks of the city.
Since 1674 to the post-independence era, Pondicherry served as one of the main French settlements in the country. In 1963, Pondicherry was officially declared an Indian union territory. However, till date, the city houses a mix of Tamil and French-influenced lifestyle, as indicated in the local culture and cuisines of the city.
As a melting pot of eastern and western cultures, Pondicherry has a lot to offer. Take a relaxed weekend break at Pondicherry, by browsing through makemytrip.com and booking the best MakeMyTrip hotel in Pondicherry that suits your requirements. Be it cheap and budget-ranges or luxurious accommodations, India’s favourite travel partner offers them all at unmatched rates with great offers, at the click of a button!
Best localities in Pondicherry
- Promenade, White Town – For those seeking an eclectic mix of the colonial era and the modern world, this locale is well suited. Walk along the boulevards across the Mediterranean-style picturesque houses in this locality and taste authentic French cuisines at the pretty bakeries. King’s City Residency is an economical option which is great if you have kids or infants with you, as you can cook your own meals in the private kitchenettes. Lovers of luxury can opt for Promenade Pondicherry, popular for its simplistic French architecture and lies at walking distance from the beach. Hotel Villa Krish is another beautiful Pondicherry hotel that offers incredible amenities at affordable prices.
- Auroville – Experience tranquility at its best at Auroville or the Aurobindo Ashram and watch the cultural performances offered by the ashram in the evenings. Olive de Villa is a budget-friendly, top-rated MakeMyTrip hotel in Pondicherry. By booking rooms here, you can easily visit nearby tourist attractions, including Botanical Gardens, Immaculate Conception Cathedral, and Varadaraja Perumal Temple. Another affordable alternative in the vicinity is Oyo 100054 near Auroville beach, which offers a warm and comfortable stay. Reside in the heart of the French cultural hub of the city by opting to stay at the Auro Resort and Spa, a short walk away from the beach, coffee shops, clubs, and restaurants.
- Mission Street– If you wish to live in the centre of all the hustle and bustle you must choose accommodations at Mission Street or MG Road, the commercial hubs of the town. MRK Inn is a good and cheap option in this area and is at stone throw from Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar temple and Immaculate Conception Cathedral. Le Mirage is another option in the heart of the city and is near tourist attractions such as Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Eglise de Notre Dam des Agnes.
Things to do
- Experience the best of French cuisines with some chilled beer at the cute cafes along the sea shore, at the French colony of Pondicherry, by booking the best of Hotels in Pondicherry at attractive prices and deals. Unwind from your hectic schedules by taking a leisurely stroll during the sunset along the city’s long coastline or take a relaxed bicycle ride while café hopping in this laid back town.
- Watch the sunrise and take a leisurely stroll across the Serenity beach or Paradise beach, along the Promenade.
- Ride a pedal boat at Chunnambar boat house or Oustery lake. Unwind at the Botanical Garden and Bharati Park.
- Shop till you drop at Goubert market and click Instagram-worthy pictures at the French Colony, known for its beautiful backdrop of walls and whitewashed fences.
- Take a cooking demo of the traditional cuisines of the region and learn about textile weaving, bamboo art, puppet shows, and handmade paper tours. These are offered by the SITA Cultural Centre, which also offers classes on Tanjavur painting, Kolam or Rangoli, and mehendi or henna.
- Hire bikes and explore the town at your own pace and go on a fishing trip at the local villages.
How to reach/Transportation HubsBy Air: The nearest airport to Pondicherry is located at Chennai, at a distance of around 135 km.
By Train: Pondicherry has a connecting train from Chennai via Villupuram, on Pondicherry Express.
By Bus: Pondicherry is well connected by bus to important cities nearby, such as Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Coimbatore.
By Taxi: Pondicherry has a good roadway system and can be availed to reach the city from nearby cities, including Chennai and Bangalore.
Singup with Makemytrip Biz to book business hotels in pondicherry.