Hotel LAL KOTHI Pahalgam is located in the heart of the valley of shepherds the resort provides you the right ambiance for a memorable
Hotel LAL KOTHI Pahalgam is located in the heart of the valley of shepherds the resort provides you the right ambiance for a memorable holiday in Pahalgam. The hotel offers elegantly-appointed, comfortable rooms with stunning views of either lofty deodars or the deep-green, clear waters of the River Lidder(1.8 km), this hotel offers a rich and unique provenance, embodying the distinctive culture of the worlds finest cities.
While staying in the property guest can explore various tourist attractions like Chandanwari(500 m), Mamaleshwara temple(1.2 km), Golf Course(1.9 km), Betaab valley(7.7 km), Aru Valley(13 km) and many more. It offer basic facilities like daily newspaper, housekeeping, room service, laundry, parking and in case of emergencies facility of doctor on call can be availed.
For cozy stay the hotel provides spacious rooms with comfortable beds with attached bathroom, television, telephone and hot/cold water. The management also make arrangement for taxi and sightseeing on request.To try regional dishes, guests can visit nearby dining facilities or can enjoy a in house dining experience.
Have a wonderful stay at Hotel LAL KOTHI, pahalgam.
Facilities offered here:
Parking (Complimentary)Body treatmentsReception Cyber CafeAirport Transfers on a Shared basisDining area88+More Amenities
I booked this hotel via MakeMyTrip for 1-night stay on 25-Dec-2017 and paid approximately INR 7. 5k for this hotel (including 2 meals, & dinner). I usually search through a lot of hotels on Tripadvisor before finalizing on anyone, and for the kind of reviews this hotel had, paid this amount seemed appropriate at the time of booking. However what urged me to come here & write this review is to warn anyone booking this hotel to do so at their own risk, as ideally, this hotel should be in the range on INR 2. 5k-3. 0k max. Below are some of the salient features:
1. NO RUNNING WATER - Yes, you heard that right. For a hotel charging almost 8k for a room, there was no running water in the bathroom as well as the washroom. Now you can imagine how difficult it was for us to even think about spending a day at a hotel where there is no water in the toilet flush.!! Upon asking, the staff casually lied to us saying that in winters the water freezes in pipes across all hotels, however, I got to know this is a lie as I went to another hotel during lunch time, & they had running water everywhere. I wanted to ask the people in other rooms about this, I was feeling too ashamed to ask about running water in the toilet. Even more, Gulmarg has a much lower temperature but no hotel has this problem of freezing pipes (we were in Vintage Gulmarg). Thus, at the entry only, we wanted to just run from this hotel, but were forced to stay as payment was already done.
(2. Pathetic food quality: I wish I had not opted for dinner & breakfast, as both of these were of extremely poor quality, & is not expected from a hotel charging this much money. I regret not taking a picture of the food that was served, I can assure you that even a local roadside dhaba would serve better food than what these guys provided. Additionally, casseroles had no lids on them, and rice quality for extremely poor. The food was what I would expect from a 2k rate hotel/B&B.
(3. Unprofessional & unfriendly staff: Lastly, the staff here is not at all professional in any way, and people working here are more like majdoors or construction workers, who don't have any sense of how to talk to a customer and are rude in their behavior.
(4. No wi-fi: Though the hotel advertises free Wi-Fi, that was not the case. We came back to the hotel at around 5 PM, and the Wi-Fi did not work until 9 PM. The manager said that there is some issue with the line. Then we did get some signals around 9:00 PM, the speed was that of 2G network (which makes you further frustrated) and thus we decided to use our Jio 3G instead which worked fine here.
(5. Lastly, the heating arrangements in the room were substandard as well. Our room was a four-bedroom, we were only provided 1 blower, which was also in a rickety condition. Hot water was present but it was stored in a big tank in the bathroom and we had to take it out from buckets. Electric blankets worked, but the switch to change the heating settings were all broken.
All in all, a really sour & pathetic experience at this hotel, and I jellyroll regret paying 7. 5k for a hotel like this. Had I paid 2-3k for the same services, I would've not been so dissatisfied as I would've expected such services. I paid almost same rate for The Vintage Hotel in Gulmarg, and you can check my review for that hotel as to what windblown services that hotel offered. Uploading a few pics only that I took casually, and really regret not taking more pics to further justify my review; though only this 1 fact is enough for you to understand my poor ratings for the hotel: using buckets to flush down in the toilet for an 8k hotel. NEVER STAYING HERE AGAIN.!
Ideal hotel in Pehelgam
Rajesh Sadashiva Reddy
Reviewed 10 months ago
The hotel is at a very good location with easy access to market, taxi and other places. A very good view of snow capped mountains is wonderful. But bathrooms are small and outdated in second floor. The staircase is also not well planned. But service was good