Experience luxury in the high mountains, unlike anything anywhere in Shimla, at about 8,000 ft. above the mean sea level. Standing out amidst the lush greenery with its grey turret-like rooftops, sitting compactly on white-painted exterior walls, the Oberoi Wildflower Hall assures its guests a magical, fairy-tale like stay. The property overlooks 23 acres of age-old, aromatic cedar trees, with the Greater Himalayas gleaming in the distance.
Rooms that Will Make You Want to Not Step Out
Every room in the hotel is adorned with watercolours of native fruits and flowers on walls, hand-carved four-poster, king-size beds, and Burmese teak floorboards that run from wall to wall.
En-suite marble bathrooms, high-speed internet connectivity for up to four devices and a dedicated butler through the day are just a few of the features that add to the luxurious functionality of the hotel’s rooms.
With five categories of rooms—the Lord Kitchener Suite, Deluxe Suite, Premier Mountain View Room, Premier Valley View Rooms, and Deluxe Garden View Rooms—the hotel brings back the musings of a colonial past. Soak in the understated opulence even as you savour the natural charm beaming all around you.
Read more: Shimla: A Quick and Handy Travel Guide
1. Deluxe Suite: Take in the panoramic views of the snow-capped Greater Himalayas from the comforts of the plush armchair in the room, sit at the fireplace to soak in the warm memories of a Victorian past in the pictures and paintings on the walls, or simply enjoy the luxuries and amenities in the suite.
2. Premier Mountain View Rooms: As is indicative of its name, the room offers a premier view of the mountains that surround this beautiful property. And not only can one see the Himalayas but also the sacred Gangotri, believed to be the starting point of one of the most sacred rivers of India, the Ganges. What’s more, the room is decorated to match up to the Victorian promise of the laidback property.
3. Premier Valley View Rooms: If the views of the mountains don’t draw you, turning to the sudden dips of a valley might be something you’d like to consider. Be prepared to be mesmerised with the show of the sun waking up to the morning hours, lighting up the hills afar. These rooms come with temperature-controlled indoor swimming pool and hot tub that face the majestic mountains. It’s ecstasy.
4. Deluxe Garden View Rooms: These rooms offer an unparalleled view of the well-manicured croquet lawns and garden in the property, bustling with native wildflowers. Enjoy breakfast in bed, as the romantic vistas of the world outside slowly but surely takes you over.
5. Lord Kitchener Suite: Live the royal life from the Raj days in this spacious suite with two en-suite bedrooms and a plush living room adorned with deep sofas. The master bedroom comes with an attached Spanish-marbled bathroom. The wall-to-wall window in one of the rooms in the suite is the perfect complement to the beauty that the sun paints outside. Adding to the Victorian feel is the watercolour paintings of Lord and Lady Curzon parading on elephants as well as the pictures of Lord Kitchener in his regimental attire.
Read more: Tourist Places in Shimla You Must Not Miss on Your Next Trip
Experiences to Savour at the Oberoi Wildflower Hall
“Romance of the Wildflower” offers a rejuvenating Ayurveda spa experience for couples. Leave the world behind and get closer to one another as you are offered the most relaxing and rejuvenating massages.
Tariff: INR 30,000 per couple*
“The Sanctuary Experience” takes you right into the middle of the beautiful expanse of cedar and pine trees, with wild flowers growing amidst it. Guests may choose to have the hotel pack a little picnic lunch for them before enjoying a customised walk around the property.
Tariff: INR 10,000 per couple, for an hour-long tour.*
“Picnic at The Peak” calls out to nature enthusiasts. Enjoy a 20-minute drive to a nineteenth-century colonial bungalow called The Peak, and spend a total of four hours taking in the aura of the region. The “picnic” culminates with a lavish outdoor lunch served to the guests.
Tariff: INR 15,000 per couple*
Get on a delightful trail in the morning, looking out for wild strawberries in the “Wild Strawberry Trail”. The lush greens sometimes even offer the guests a view of the flora and fauna inhabiting the region. End the tour with a sumptuous breakfast by one of the hotel’s master chefs.
Tariff: INR 6,000 per couple*
For those seeking a session of pampering at the spa, choose from a range of signature Oberoi, Western, and Eastern massage treatment packages to help you unwind and rejuvenate.
Quench your thirst for the finer things in life at The Cavalry Bar, the hotel’s waterhole dedicated to the regiments who served in India. Then head to The Restaurant, with its intimate seating arrangement and pan-India and Himachali cuisine, for the most satisfying meal of the day.
For smaller, more intimate gatherings, make Lutyens your den, for it is perfect for a gathering of up to 24 people. Carry your bonds and laughter with you as you savour some of the most popular dishes here.
Read more: An Ideal Escape: A Day Picnic in Glenn Valley, Shimla
Book Your Stay at Oberoi Wildflower Hall, ShimlaBook Your Stay at Oberoi Wildflower Hall, Shimla
*Prices may vary