Hotels in Barcelona
(773 Hotels in Barcelona Price Starts @ Rs. 717 - Get Flat OFF use Coupon - IHSALE25)
Premium Hotels in Barcelona
Recently Viewed Hotels in Barcelona
Recently Booked Hotels in Barcelona
Property Location With a stay at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, you'll be centrally located in Barcelona
Fetching Searched Results, Please Wait...
About Hotels in Barcelona
- This Spanish city was founded in the 3rd century BC and is now the second-most-populated municipality in the country. The city gets its cultural heritage from the remains of ancient settlements dating back to 5000 BC that still exist here.
- It was first founded as a Roman city, and its beautiful architectural remains bear testimony to its history. Barcelona has been rated 20th most famous city by tourists all over the world apart from being the fifth most-visited city in Europe. The beautiful art and architecture make it a popular tourist destination in Spain, and it is also endowed with one of the best beaches in the world.
Budget Hotels in BarcelonaOffering affordable accommodation, cheap Barcelona Hotels are ideal for backpackers and those travelling on a tight budget. You can look for budget hotels in Barcelona in areas like Eixample, Sarria, Badalona and Sant Martí.
Barcelona Hotels by Star RatingFor a wonderful experience, travellers can opt to stay in luxury hotels in Barcelona that can be found in plenty in areas like Las Ramblas, Gothic Quarter and Cerdanyola del Valles. Featuring marvelous architecture, all 5 star Hotels in Barcelona offer world-class hospitality along with a myriad of business, recreation and wellness options. Easily accessible from Barcelona–El Prat Airport (also called Barcelona Airport), 4 star hotels in Barcelona too offer luxurious accommodation at affordable prices. You can also consider 3 star Hotels in Barcelona, if you want to spend less on accommodation and more on activities.
Best localities in Barcelona
- Sagrada Familia: Stated to be the most beautiful work of famous architect Antoni Gaudi, this place is a must visit. Though the construction of the cathedral began in 1882, it continues to be under development, with two towers waiting to be completed by 2026.
- Placa de Catalunya: It is the city square located in the central area of Barcelona. There are several significant buildings all around - you can click pictures to preserve your special memories. You will also find some really good budget hotels around this area.
- Block of Discord: This is another architectural wonder that you shouldn't miss. It comprises three unusual buildings - Casa Batllo, Casa Amatller and Casa Lleo-Morera.
- La Rambla: Enjoy this 1.2km-long boulevard situated in the centre of the city. On your tours around Barcelona, you will surely be passing through this area at least once. There are some buildings, including hotels, situated alongside this boulevard - you can find great deals on MakeMyTrip hotels in Barcelona for these.
- History Museum of Barcelona: Here you can go through the various eras that the city has witnessed, over thousands of years, since its foundation. There are beautiful pieces of art and pictures that will help you understand the history of the city better.
Things to do
- There are some UN world-heritage sites in Barcelona. You can visit them all - the architecture here is uniquely beautiful!
- The coastline of the city allows you to enjoy beautiful beaches with clear waters. They are not too crowded, making for perfect getaways for beach lovers.
- There are many museums in the area housing precious art pieces and artefacts. You will get a better understanding of the city’s architecture within these iconic buildings.
- Attractions for children include the Magic Fountain, Tibidado amusements park and more. These are perfect for family holidays.
- The city has a lot to offer when it comes to shopping. It is a shopper’s paradise, and you can find all kinds of options in the central areas. Here you can also book budget hotels or luxury stays by browsing through MakeMyTrip hotels in Barcelona.
How to reach/Transportation hubs
- By Air: Barcelona International Airport is located in the south of the city and is known as Barcelona-El Prat.
- By Train: If you are on a Euro trip, you can also opt for the cheaper rail as the city’s railway station is well connected with most of the important cities in Europe including Paris, Madrid, Marseille and more.
- By bus: Barcelona Nord Bus Station has most national and international connections in the city. You can also go to Barcelona Sants Station or other bus stations located in the city to reach Nord Station if you are looking to travel abroad.
- By Boat: There is a huge cruise ship harbour on the Mediterranean coast from where you can enter the city if you plan to come via a cruise.
- By Bus: There are several bus stations from where a number of buses ply; they are located near Barcelona’s hotels.
- By cycle: You can also get bicycles on rent to visit the parts of the city closer to your hotel.
- Schengen Visa is required to visit Spain, and the form for application is available on the official immigration site of the country.
- There are many documents required which are mentioned alongside the application form.
- You need to provide them with your original passport and copies of previous visas taken (if any).
- Your bank statement for the past six months will need to be furnished along as proof of financial stability.
Best time to visit
Ideal months for visiting Barcelona are May-June and September-October. It rains pretty heavily in April while the winters are quite cold, making December-January the least-preferred months.