Hotels in Barcelona
(970 Hotels in Barcelona - Book Now with prices starting at Rs. 1016)
This hotel is not an ideal place to stay. Even if you want to stay near the airport. Try a different place. They want to pick money from you with every angle possible. Example:- hot water kettle is chargeable, coffee packs & what not. Total waste of money since it’s not that cheap a place to stay . . Look for different places. Even the shower water mixers were not working properly.
Sandeep | Sat, Apr 28, '18
Recently Viewed Hotels in Barcelona
The hotel was nice overall but the rooms were not as expected. The rooms are a bit too small and the furniture is worn down which is not really expected from a 4 star hotel. Everything (TV, minibar...) except very slow WIFI has to be paid extra. When we first arrived the sheets on a bed had spots. After we told that to the staff, they changed it the next day. The electric socket was hanging out from the wall. You could hear too much noise from the other rooms and the water flushing down the pipes (from the other rooms). They don’t have double beds for two persons but two small beds stuck together (beds are on wheels) which is sometimes a bit annoying. The staff is helpful and nice.
Tadej | Wed, May 1, '13
Rs. 7,746Choose Dates
Recently Booked Hotels in Barcelona
The location is good but everything else is not to par with the price, the room is basic, no facilities like tea coffee maker in room no amenities. The reception is cramped there is smell all over the corridor, only positive its on ramla, didn't try breakfast so don't know about it
Faiyaz Sait | Sat, Apr 14, '18
Rs. 10,745Choose Dates
We stayed at corner room which was spacious and clean having nice view. Breakfast was diverse enough to enjoy and staff was kind and helpful with requests of guest. We are going to stay this hotel if we get back to Barcelona once again.
Seungchul Kang | Thu, Sep 8, '16
Excellent stay. Very cooperative staff. Rooms were as clean as any 5 star. While normally do not provide drinking water and tea/coffee making facilities, on request they provided it to us complementary. Breakfast was a bit of a let down, because we were veggies. It was usual croissants, bread, ham, cheese etc. Only saving grace was some potato/tomato items. 5 mins to the Maria Cristina station, which was an advantage. Also very well located from airport. Will definitely stay there again.
Vinod Kumar Pande | Sat, Jun 27, '15
Rs. 12,304Choose Dates
Great rooms closer to city center. Food was great Bar could have been more optional in terms of offerings. Rooms are big and spacious. Pool is small. Restaurant have good variety of food. Must come back and stay there again.
Manish | Mon, Aug 14, '17
Rs. 8,052Choose Dates
The hotel is pretty close to the airport and the airport shuttle service is good. Also, they provide shuttles for a very cheap rate to the city center which is an added plus for travellers who got for a one or 2 day stay. They can just go to the city center using those buses and have a nice time.
Vasanth Chakravarthy Shankar | Sun, Jun 14, '15
Rs. 5,495Choose Dates
Max 10 min walk to the beach, but hotel very average, needs renovation and has no fun during the day The railings on balconies are very short and may cause problems with smaller children Value for the money is OK
Kevin Kulik | Thu, Jun 29, '17
Rs. 17,793Choose Dates
Property Location Located in Barcelona (Eixample), Eric VÃ¶kel Boutique Apartments - Sagrada Familia Suites is within a 15-minut
Rs. 13,610Choose Dates
There is not much on the downside to this hotel, except in the space of service. I have asked the hotel to arrange for the morning shuttle to the airport, and the lady at the front desk noted down the details for the next in line person in the reception. Nevertheless, in the morning, despite noting the request for the wake-up call and the time of the shuttle, they did not make the wake-up call and I had to miss the shuttle. The reception person in the early morning hour of 5. 30AM had the gall to give a sorry, and behave like nothing happened at all !!! The result was that I missed the shuttle, and either had to wait for half an hour for another shuttle or book a taxi. He was unsure of even calling the taxi and I had to force him to make the call. Thankfully the taxi driver arrived by the minute and I could make it to the airport in time before the check-in gates closed. I would advise the guests at this hotel not to trust their reminder services. Though the lady at the reception during the second half of the day was very informative.
Sai Ramani Garimella | Sun, Apr 8, '18
Rs. 8,611Choose Dates
I was on a business trip and the hotel was appropriately located not far from the conference centre, the CCIB. Otherwise public transport is available quite close to reach the poplular areas of the town which are quite distant from hotel. I was very satified with my hotel stay.
Aduth | Wed, Jun 13, '12
Rs. 9,703Choose Dates
Property Location A stay at The Urban Suites places you in the heart of Barcelona, within a 15-minute walk of Placa d'Espanya an
SOLDOUT * for selected dates
Fetching Searched Results, Please Wait...
About Hotels in Barcelona
- This Spanish city was founded in the 3rd century BC and is now the second-most-populated municipality in the country. The city gets its cultural heritage from the remains of ancient settlements dating back to 5000 BC that still exist here.
- It was first founded as a Roman city, and its beautiful architectural remains bear testimony to its history. Barcelona has been rated 20th most famous city by tourists all over the world apart from being the fifth most-visited city in Europe. The beautiful art and architecture make it a popular tourist destination in Spain, and it is also endowed with one of the best beaches in the world.
Budget Hotels in BarcelonaOffering affordable accommodation, cheap Barcelona Hotels are ideal for backpackers and those travelling on a tight budget. You can look for budget hotels in Barcelona in areas like Eixample, Sarria, Badalona and Sant Martí.
Barcelona Hotels by Star RatingFor a wonderful experience, travellers can opt to stay in luxury hotels in Barcelona that can be found in plenty in areas like Las Ramblas, Gothic Quarter and Cerdanyola del Valles. Featuring marvelous architecture, all 5 star Hotels in Barcelona offer world-class hospitality along with a myriad of business, recreation and wellness options. Easily accessible from Barcelona–El Prat Airport (also called Barcelona Airport), 4 star hotels in Barcelona too offer luxurious accommodation at affordable prices. You can also consider 3 star Hotels in Barcelona, if you want to spend less on accommodation and more on activities.
Best localities in Barcelona
- Sagrada Familia: Stated to be the most beautiful work of famous architect Antoni Gaudi, this place is a must visit. Though the construction of the cathedral began in 1882, it continues to be under development, with two towers waiting to be completed by 2026.
- Placa de Catalunya: It is the city square located in the central area of Barcelona. There are several significant buildings all around - you can click pictures to preserve your special memories. You will also find some really good budget hotels around this area.
- Block of Discord: This is another architectural wonder that you shouldn't miss. It comprises three unusual buildings - Casa Batllo, Casa Amatller and Casa Lleo-Morera.
- La Rambla: Enjoy this 1.2km-long boulevard situated in the centre of the city. On your tours around Barcelona, you will surely be passing through this area at least once. There are some buildings, including hotels, situated alongside this boulevard - you can find great deals on MakeMyTrip hotels in Barcelona for these.
- History Museum of Barcelona: Here you can go through the various eras that the city has witnessed, over thousands of years, since its foundation. There are beautiful pieces of art and pictures that will help you understand the history of the city better.
Things to do
- There are some UN world-heritage sites in Barcelona. You can visit them all - the architecture here is uniquely beautiful!
- The coastline of the city allows you to enjoy beautiful beaches with clear waters. They are not too crowded, making for perfect getaways for beach lovers.
- There are many museums in the area housing precious art pieces and artefacts. You will get a better understanding of the city’s architecture within these iconic buildings.
- Attractions for children include the Magic Fountain, Tibidado amusements park and more. These are perfect for family holidays.
- The city has a lot to offer when it comes to shopping. It is a shopper’s paradise, and you can find all kinds of options in the central areas. Here you can also book budget hotels or luxury stays by browsing through MakeMyTrip hotels in Barcelona.
How to reach/Transportation hubs
- By Air: Barcelona International Airport is located in the south of the city and is known as Barcelona-El Prat.
- By Train: If you are on a Euro trip, you can also opt for the cheaper rail as the city’s railway station is well connected with most of the important cities in Europe including Paris, Madrid, Marseille and more.
- By bus: Barcelona Nord Bus Station has most national and international connections in the city. You can also go to Barcelona Sants Station or other bus stations located in the city to reach Nord Station if you are looking to travel abroad.
- By Boat: There is a huge cruise ship harbour on the Mediterranean coast from where you can enter the city if you plan to come via a cruise.
- By Bus: There are several bus stations from where a number of buses ply; they are located near Barcelona’s hotels.
- By cycle: You can also get bicycles on rent to visit the parts of the city closer to your hotel.
- Schengen Visa is required to visit Spain, and the form for application is available on the official immigration site of the country.
- There are many documents required which are mentioned alongside the application form.
- You need to provide them with your original passport and copies of previous visas taken (if any).
- Your bank statement for the past six months will need to be furnished along as proof of financial stability.
Best time to visit
Ideal months for visiting Barcelona are May-June and September-October. It rains pretty heavily in April while the winters are quite cold, making December-January the least-preferred months.