Set a 3-minute walk from the Colosseum, Alle Porte del Colosseo offers a room in the very heart of Rome. The property has a shar
Set a 3-minute walk from the Colosseum, Alle Porte del Colosseo offers a room in the very heart of Rome. The property has a shared kitchen and free Wi-Fi access throughout. With air conditioning, the room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The private bathroom comes with a shower, bidet and hairdryer. A typical Italian breakfast is served daily in the shared kitchen, including freshly brewed coffee or cappuccino and sweet pastries. A savoury option is available upon request. The Domus Aurea is an 8-minute walk from Alle Porte del Colosseo, while the Circus Maximus is 900 metres away.
Facilities offered in Alle Porte del Colosseo :
Free Wi-fiInternet ServicesWi-fiHeatingWiFi available in all areasShared Kitchen8+More Amenities
Check in/out Hotel Check-in Time is 2 PM, Check-out Time is 8 PM.
Cancellation Policy Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check the Fare policy associated with your room.
Extra Bed The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
Payment Mode You can pay now or you can pay at the hotel if your selected room type has this option.
User rating & reviews
Read about experiences of fellow travellers who have stayed at this hotel.
EXCELLENT 3 reviews
VERY GOOD 3 reviews
AVERAGE 3 reviews
POOR 1 reviews
TERRIBLE 3 reviews
Friends getaway Traveller
14 May 2017
Purtroppo non posso recensire la ns. camera in quanto il proprietario della struttura l'ha assegnata ad altri. Pur avendolo contattato telefonicamente tre giorni prima del nostro arrivo per info sullo struttura e per avvisarlo che avremmo fatto il check-in nel tardo pomeriggio ha ben pensato di non tenerci l'alloggio senza nemmeno avvisarci (si era perso il nostro numero!!!). Da brava persona non ha neanche provato a recuperare la situazione cercandoci una sistemazione alternativa. Il giorno dopo ci ha contattato, pensavamo per sapere se poi avevamo risolto, invece no... stava cercando un'altra coppia che aveva prenotato da lui e di cui si era perso il numero!!! incredibile, evitatelo.
13 May 2017
When we arrived,the place was clean and ready for use. The location was exellent,500mtrs from colosseum.Maybe a little noisy, but its in a busy city so to be expected.The room was spotless, the shower and toilets were spotless, clean fresh towels every second day. we stayed 5 days and we would happily return there. we were in 2nd floor flat that was converted to 4 rooms. once your neighbours were quiet at night you would get a fair night's sleep.If they were going to be noisy forget sleep, as the walls are thin.The tv in the other rooms and below can be heard easily, so bring earplugs !!
The breakfast is supplied in the little genuine italian restaurant under the flat on the street.The food and staff there were excellent.
The owner was too busy doing not a lot,to even say hello and ignored us for the 5 days, but hey, thats his problem.
In general the accomodation was fine, we paid about 580euro for 4 nights and breakfast, It was worth it, but i would not bay any more than that for it to be honest.
SUMMARY- THE GOOD= great location, great coffee and pastries in the morning, Clean and reasonable.
THE BAD= Ignorant owner, Noisy area.
25 Apr 2016
Only thing going for this one ....
Great location right by the colloseum . Great neighbourhood but can be noisy at night with clubs and bars across street . Place was not clean and not well maintained... Bathroom was gross, place was not clean ( bedsheets included) ! No one to talk too as no one readily available .... Was greeted by a guy who runs the units and cannot speak a word of English , he cleans and services rooms for several apartments in the area . Booking reads breakfast is included but it is really only a croissant and coffee at the adjacent coffee shop - everything else is extra . Was not at all impressed and will not return .
26 Feb 2016
Excellent location , Very good pizzeria round the corner .the room was big had a comfortable bed a good shower, small fridge useful to keep drink in and some snacks.
Staff very helpful. Breakfast in the local cafe, would have been helpful to have instruction on where it was and what it consisted of,
Friends getaway Traveller
09 Feb 2014
5 Stars for Location - the res....
Stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of February 2014.
First the good-
1) Location! On a quiet street, 5 minutes from the Colosseum. Up to 3 minutes from the hotel there are a small supermarket, caffe, bars and plenty of decent to good places to eat at much better prices than the center of Rome. There is also a Metro station near by and it takes about 20 minutes of walking to Piazza Venezia.
2) Breakfast includes a pastry, coffee and orange juice (not real fresh one) at the lovely little Caffe on the corner. Their coffee is good, the pastries decent and they are very nice. You can see that most of their customers are local and they have a variety of other inexpensive food items (sandwiches, pizza, cookies, soft drinks).
3) Our room (#1) was spacious (definitely in European terms) and renovated 5 years ago so it looked really nice and still new. It had a safe and a mini-bar fridge (that wasn't very cold) and air conditioning and the bed was quite comfy with a real down comforter.
4) Although there are bars and restaurants not far from the hotel and our room was on the front on street level, it was quiet at night and we got a good night sleep (except for the one time when somebody rang the bell for the reception again and again in the middle of the night and there was no one there to answer it).
The not so good -
a) Very bad design. The shower was too open so whenever someone took a shower, the fixed shower head just sprayed on the floor. We didn't realize it the first evening, and after a shower of about 10 minutes our entire bedroom floor was flooded with water and we had to mop the floor with a towel repeatedly.
b) We only got one half-a-roll of toilet paper so on the second day we went out looking for another roll and found one in the cupboard at reception and just took it.
c) The hot water weren't hot enough.
2) There wasn't a kettle in the room but there was one at reception (which was right near our room) and the really nice guy there said we could take it and use it (there were also tea bags, sugar and cups and that cupboard for guests' use but I brought my own) but since there was only one there and there were other rooms, we felt obliged to take it back morning and evening after every time we used it which was an inconvenience.
3) We were there with a group with a total of 30 people. Although they knew about our arrival over a month in advance, it took them an hour and a half to assign everyone their rooms and some got rooms that were still under renovation: strong smell of fresh paint, no working air conditioning to heat the room, temporary folding metal beds(!) etc.
4) There is usually no one in reception so if one has any problem, one has to go to the caffe on the corner and have them ring someone to come and it takes time. Some of the members in our group were put in another building on the street and one night they had a power outage and they had to wait for an hour until someone from the hotel came and by the, the power has returned. Some others had hot water only on the first day and the problem wasn't solved until we left.
5) There was no cover on the down comforter just a flat sheet underneath, American-style. A down comforter if not something one washes often - in a hotel where a lot of people use the same comforter I really expect it to be covered with a duvet/comforter cover that is washed between guests.
Attraction NearBy Alle Porte del Colosseo
Manzoni - Museo della Liberazione Metro Station (1.9)