Get 100% confirmed booking at just Re. 1. Balance amount will be auto-debited closer to the travel date.
About Hotel Basilea
check-in 2 PM | check-out 11 AM
Property Location A stay at Hotel Basilea places you in the heart of Florence, within a 10-minute walk of Cathedral of Saint Mary
Property Location A stay at Hotel Basilea places you in the heart of Florence, within a 10-minute walk of Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Flower and Accademia Gallery. This hotel is 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from San Lorenzo Church and 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from Fortezza da Basso.
Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 40 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Amenities Take in the views from a terrace and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Dining Take advantage of the hotel's room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.
Facilities offered in Hotel Basilea :
Valet ParkingPorter/bellhopLuggage storageFree WiFiAirport transportation (surcharge)Car Rental16+More Amenities
Login now and get Rs 500 in your wallet instantly! LOGIN NOW
Choose a room with below filters and room types
Pay At Hotel
Standard Double Room in Hotel Basilea
Air conditioning,In-room climate control (air conditioning),Free toiletries,Room service (limited ho...urs),Free wired Internet,Iron/ironing board (on request),LCD TV,Daily housekeeping,Smoking And Non-Smoking,Hair dryer,In-room safe,Minibar,Digital TV service,Desk,free wifi,Private bathroom,Premium TV channels,Bidet,HDTVMore
Check in/out Hotel Check-in Time is 2 PM, Check-out Time is 11 AM.
Cancellation Policy Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check the Fare policy associated with your room.
Extra Bed The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
Payment Mode You can pay now or you can pay at the hotel if your selected room type has this option.
User rating & reviews
Read about experiences of fellow travellers who have stayed at this hotel.
EXCELLENT 18 reviews
VERY GOOD 38 reviews
AVERAGE 61 reviews
POOR 43 reviews
TERRIBLE 103 reviews
29 Apr 2018
Worst hotel we ever visited
This hotel is the worst hotel we've ever visited. If it were possible to give 0 rating, I would give it to this hotel.
1. On check-in hotel requested to pay city tax in advance, instead of paying on check out typical in Italy. When I presented my credit card for payment, I was told only cash is accepted without any explanation.
2. Immediately on arrival to the room it became clear the room in noisy, as the room has windows to a narrow street full of bars, crowds of noisy people at night and noisy traffic during the day - mostly busses and bikes. Our request for another room was denied, although it became clear there were in fact vacant rooms facing the courtyard. We stayed one night in that room (#216). The room didnt have air conditioning, so we had to open window to cool it. It seemed like repairs in the room were made something like 20 years ago. After every use of toilet there was loud noise of some failure in water coming to fill the toilet bowl. Parquet floor in the room looked like it saw Napoleon. It was not possibe to sleep, because of noise from the street - at first because of bars, drunk people and noisy bikes, then, after about 6am - because of busses that were coming one after another on a narrow street.
2. In the morning we realized the room in front of us (#217) was not in fact occupied. We ran to reception and succeeded at persuading giving that room to us. The room (although smaller) did have air conditioning and was facing courtyard, which was much quieter and at least allowed us to sleep at night.
3. Although hotel stated that it has free WiFi in fact it doesnt! WiFi does NOT work in the rooms. Moreover, even on reception WiFi works like a dialup in the 1990s. People staying at hotel come down to reception for WiFi and then realize it either stops working or is loading at low speed. As a result we had to buy a local SIM card to use Internet. Although hotel said there was WiFi area on 2nd floor, we were never successful of loading even two pictures in instagram or facebook.
4. On second day of our stay water supply was cut down for at least two hours in whole hotel.
5. Cleaning ladies when doing cleaning shout to each other from room to room. So when you like to sleep at 9 or 10am, be assured you will be waken up at this hotel without alarm. They do it every day.
6. In general hotel personnel is rude and hostile to guests. I speak many languages, including Spanish, English and some Italian. So it cant be even attributed to language or cutural thing. When we asked them for anything, usually the reply was as if they were paying us and they were the clients. In many ways we felt like we were in communist Cuba, not Italy.
7. Day before checkout we called reception and asked about checkout time. We were told 11am. Asked if we can checkout at 12, the reply was direct and rude No without any explanation.
8. Next day 15 mins before 11am there was a rude knock on the door...
9. After checkout we decided to leave our luggage at the hotel. To our surprise we learned there was no special locked room for it at the hotel. The suitcases were simply left at a lobby room in front of elevator without any supervision - the small room where other guests usually tried to access WiFi.
10. Bottom line - my guess is that staying at 1* hotel is better than at this one. Definitely the worst hotel we stayed ever in any country, not to mention Italy.
06 Dec 2017
A wonderful hotel
My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel Basilea for four nights and had a wonderful stay. Firstly we must commend the front of desk staff Eva and Albert who looked after us so professionally and with such great hospitality, friendliness and support for us as travellers. It is such a delight to be greeted by staff who have a positive approach to their customers and obviously the hospitality industry. It helps make our travelling journey all the more enjoyable.
We arrived before the check in time but there was no problem in being able to leave our luggage at reception while we went out exploring.
Guests should be aware that this is a very good value hotel, it is not expensive.
The location is excellent, very close to the main railway station and you can walk easily to many of the wonderful Florence sights. The fresh food market is very close by and worthy of a visit. You do not have a need for the hop on hop off bus system.
The room while basic was very pleasant. It was large, clean, with good light and a large window. Our bathroom had been renovated and was very pleasant. The room was serviced daily and maintained well. While we looked over a street it was not noisy at all.
The breakfast must also be complimented. There were fresh fruits, a range of pastries, cheese and ham, juices, and an egg dish. While often there were many people in the breakfast room the staff were always present looking after the supplies.
We would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Florence.
Solo travel Traveller
16 Nov 2017
The receptionist Dirar was fabulous. He helped me with the room's temperature and gived me breakfast in early morning. You find the hotel near the railway station, is in a good point of the city near the best attraction. Thank you very much!
02 Oct 2017
Friendly staff and nice breakf....
We stayed at the hotel with our students, who were not allowed to go out after 11 pm and drink alkohol. Unfortunately, another group (also a Danish group) did not have ANY RULES WHATSOEVER. They came back to the hotel very drunk and loud and left chewing gum on the floor in the lobby. Unfortunately, the staff was unaware of which group were loud and which group was not. Therefore, we were also warned about the problems connected with the group. My room was very dark (no daylight could enter the room) but it was a (more or less) clean room and a very clean matress (I checked). I saw NO bugs whatsoever. The hotel had a very varied and nice breakfast buffet with scrambled eggs (nice taste), good bread, fresh fruit, yoghurt, pastries and good coffee and coco. The staff was very nice, also the cleaners. The hotel is being renovated, which is a good idea. The hotel is close to the centre and is close to everything.
You get what you pay for.
14 Sep 2017
It could be so much better
This hotel is in a prime location just a short walk from the centre of beautiful Florence. Great places to eat and drink are all around.
Sadly it's a bit of a dump I'm afraid: the room felt dirty and poorly presented, the breakfast was sub standard, and anyone any bigger than me would have struggled to fit into the shower cubicle ( the shower wasn't much good either).
I don't normally write negative reviews, but I advise you to try somewhere else in Florence. There's no shortage.