This hotel in FÃ¼ssenâ??s WeiÃ?ensee district is directly next to the WeiÃ?ensee Lake. Swimming is possible in the lake and the heated
This hotel in FÃ¼ssenâ??s WeiÃ?ensee district is directly next to the WeiÃ?ensee Lake. Swimming is possible in the lake and the heated indoor pool. The Appartement-Hotel Seespitz offers furnished apartments with a fully-equipped kitchen and AllgÃ¤u-Mountain views. There is a seating area with TV and CD player and a dining area. Free Wi-Fi is available. Bed linen and towels will be provided. Guests can use the laundry facilities and the ironing board free of charge. Breakfast buffet is served each morning at the hotel's breakfast lounge. In the evening, the Osteria Pizzeria im Seespitz offers Italian and international dishes. The lake-side terrace is open during the summer. The Seespitz includes an indoor pool with separate childrenâ??s pool, a sauna and a fitness room. The games room has a pool table and table tennis. There is also a multilingual (German, English and Dutch) kindergarten open in the mornings from Mondays through Fridays, from 08:00 to 12:00. It has a pleasant outdoor playground. Every apartment gets its own underground car park.
Facilities offered in Appartement-Hotel Seespitz :
Check in/out Hotel Check-in Time is 4 PM, Check-out Time is 8 PM.
Cancellation Policy Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check the Fare policy associated with your room.
Extra Bed The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
Payment Mode You can pay now or you can pay at the hotel if your selected room type has this option.
User rating & reviews
Read about experiences of fellow travellers who have stayed at this hotel.
EXCELLENT 134 reviews
VERY GOOD 49 reviews
AVERAGE 19 reviews
POOR 6 reviews
TERRIBLE 4 reviews
26 Jul 2017
Five-star rating but...
It was difficult to choose between giving this place a 4 or a 5 star review. However, as it doesn´t happen so often that I am overall quite impressed by a hotel, I decided to go for the latter. Here are my list of pros and cons regarding Seespitz:
1) The view is amazing and the region is very nice.
2) The apartments have a lot of space and it´s easy to feel comfortable there.
3) The people running this place were quite friendly and helpful.
4) The hotel has a sauna, indoor swimming pool, offers free coffee and is very child-friendly among some other amenities.
1) During our stay, there was a constant smell of cow manure coming from outside.
2) As the rooms are often used by young families, the mattresses in the small bedroom smelled like urine.
3) As mentioned by other reviews here, the lady who seems to own the restaurant (which is independently run) could have better people skills.
4) It isn´t within walking distance from Fussen to those who don´t like hiking.
Final recommendation: If you have small kids or like hiking and long walks along the mountains and beautiful lakes, this place is for you. If you just want to be as close to Fussen and Neuschwanstein as possible, consider other alternatives.
24 Jul 2017
Really nice place to stay, but....
I sat and chatted with the owner one night, he said straight up, this is his hobby, he is not an hotelier - he is an engineer - and it shows in some positive and some negative ways.
1. This is a great location at the head of a really pretty lake and in a quiet but not secluded spot. It is at the eastern end so the sun hits the balcony of a lake facing room in the morning. It is a terrific view, although there are some pylons which are a sad reflection of their omnipresence, but still a lovely place to sit and eat some breakfast.
2. The hotel layout is really well designed, the rooms well proportioned and the public space too.
3. This is not wholly a business, so free (very expensive Nespresso) coffee and a basket of fruit are there for your use, along with other more common services like a very good laundry, ping pong etc. Once you get the idea that this is a hobby, you also get the idea of its atmosphere. The walls and ornaments are the owner's collection (he told me).
4. Most importantly the people are very pleasant. We met both of the couple that own the hotel whilst they were just wondering around and they stopped and chatted. But for us, Bettina who covers reception was the real star. She is lovely. More than just helpful, it was like having a friend to chat to who knew the area.
Hotels that exist to make money offer services that you will pay for, and continue to do so as long as it is profitable. We were turned away from the restaurant (which is a concession, not run by the hotel) because they were too busy. Not, come back in an hour, we are closed now for new visitors... That is not something I have experienced before in a commercial operation.
Which brings me to the second negative. Within short walking distance (you can and we did walk to Fussen, but it's not a short walk!) there is only 1 other restaurant. If you have not ordered by 8pm then you are too late. If you are from an urban environment this may surprise you. If you are from London it is astonishing.
If you do choose to visit - and I did rate the place 5*, then I recommend you visit:
1. Altse (the high lake)
2. The castle ruins (for the view) and the bar that is below
3. The brewery (in a nice little village)
4. The circular walk to Fusson back via the line of high lakes in the hills above
Oh and that castle place that so many people talk a lot about Neushvansomething....
29 Apr 2017
They should not let everyone i....
This is a great hotel, with nice Bavarian atmosphere, with great spa and swiming pool....
It is ideal place to have everyday antystress therapy... BUT!!! We were at swiming pool with our little children when more then ten totaly drunken russians charged in with lager tin barel, and votka bottles, screaming, making chaos, jumping naked in the pool. We just took our stuff, not even dry ourselfs and went out running! Never had such a bad expirience!
YOU JUST CAN NOT LET EVERYONE TO HOTEL!
20 Apr 2017
Nice place to stay
We spent 3 nights as a family. It's a great place with balcony and amenities (pool, sauna, etc...) when spending the day outside hiking. Room was clean and the staff was very kind. Internet available although very slow ??. There is a restaurant (Italian) however closing at 14:00 and reopening at 18:00...
Friends getaway Traveller
23 Mar 2017
nice non-traditional style hot....
Great views of the mountains and the lake especially in the morning!
The rooms are nicely kept up. Our couch and bed were both a little bit hard for our taste. The room had a kitchenette if you wanted to cook for yourself. There is plenty of things available at the hotel to keep a family occupied: pool, sauna, walking path around the lake, foosball, pool table, free computer access. Bring your own soap and shampoo as the hotel does not provide it. Wifi was free, but access was a spotty.
Fantastic place for a quiet get away hotel.