No.98 Zhenning Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai, China
professional photos (1)
About La Residence Hotel Shanghai
check-in 2 PM | check-out 11 AM
La Residence Hotel Shanghai sets the stage for a fantastic Shanghai vacation with the added bonus of Mr.Willis Restaurant, as well
La Residence Hotel Shanghai sets the stage for a fantastic Shanghai vacation with the added bonus of Mr.Willis Restaurant, as well as other city attractions just a few kilometres away. Shopping options within five kilometres of the hotel include Ferguson Lane or Jiu Guang Sogo Department Store.
Amenities in each room include Iron and ironing board, perfect for a relaxing stay. En-suite bathroom facilities include Ensuite bathroom among other amenities. When staying in their rooms, guests will have Cable/satellite television and Telephone for entertainment during their stay. Guests will feel at home in their rooms with Chair and Writing desk among the furnishings for added comfort.
The onsite fitness centre is ideal for your fitness requirements and ensure you stick to your routine. Partake in a spot of tennis on one of the onsite tennis courts at the hotel. You can park your car at the hotel if you arrive with your own transport. Jiangsu Road Station is a short distance from the hotel making getting around simple. La Residence Hotel Shanghai is located 9.4 kilometres from Hong Qiao International Airport for those flying into the area.
The hotel has internet access to surf the web and check emails.
16 unfettered reviews rank La Residence Hotel Shanghai with a 3.5 score. Read why in the review section.
Facilities offered in La Residence Hotel Shanghai :
Check in/out Hotel Check-in Time is 2 PM, Check-out Time is 11 AM.
Cancellation Policy Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check the Fare policy associated with your room.
Extra Bed The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
Payment Mode You can pay now or you can pay at the hotel if your selected room type has this option.
User rating & reviews
Read about experiences of fellow travellers who have stayed at this hotel.
EXCELLENT 3 reviews
VERY GOOD 8 reviews
AVERAGE 4 reviews
POOR 2 reviews
TERRIBLE 5 reviews
21 Aug 2014
One of the worst hotels!
We are not picky when it comes to hotels, but this one's really below low standards!
Service is super terrible! They cannot do anything with whatever you need.
We booked a 2 bedroom suite, with extra bed as we are 5. When we arrived, which was around 9pm, we entered a room with no extra bed, super poor AC (and it's super hot and humid in Shanghai in July). We requested for the extra bed, and AC repair, but their maintenance staff had gone home already. So we requested to be moved to another room, but then again, they cannot move us to any room (apparently the staff in the night shift cannot do anything at all, but to check us in)
Room is BAD!
It's old, not maintained, and a bit filthy. One of the rooms had AC that is NOT WORKING. The next morning, the maintenance of the hotel checked, and simply confirmed that "it's not working". And did not do anything. We had to carry the bed by ourselves to the living room area, so we can sleep there with AC.
Housekeeping does not care
Our sheets had a gross stain, an they did not bother to change them. Though they were nice, but cannot speak english.
Tip: Don't stay here! There's lots of hotels in Shanghai, I'm sure you can find a better one to suit your needs!
09 Oct 2015
Poorly managed, though good lo....
This apartment hotel could be a steal - nice location, good basic infrastructure, and huge size units by any standards. But whoever manages it seemed to just want to manage themselves out of business entirely. It seemed that nobody cares! :( The front desk reminds me of customer service in the 1980s, where you are a bother to them. You can actually stand at the front desk for 5 minutes with no one acknowledging you. Various things can be broke - and if you call, there is no telling if anyone would come up. And one time, someone did come ... and they appear to know absolutely nothing about anything. Given the basically nice property and location, I so wish this is properly managed - for crying out loud, they don't even have a functioning website, it's nearly impossible to look up a phone number, and people who answer the phone have nearly zero customer service experience - and I know how to speak Chinese. It's hard to imagine how this places survives (it survives on long-term renters, I think ... so it doesn't really run like a customer-oriented hotel.)
Friends getaway Traveller
25 Oct 2017
Good experience in Shanghai LA....
Overall it was a good stay because of its location. It is an apartment block with private residence and some parts of the buildings are rented out on daily basis. The corridor leading to our apartment has shoe racks and some other items stored in the corridor outside some tenants' doors. There is a security/reception in the lobby area 24/7. The building is a bit dated. The apartment has two large bedrooms and two large bathrooms, both ensuite. We also had a huge sitting room and kitchen and balcony too. TV in all rooms. Fridge and freezer as well as a microwave were available to us. but no knifes and forks or pot and pans included. There was a kettle for boiling water. ACs in all area but the sitting room AC was not very strong. We had to leave our bedrooms doors open to circulate the AC to the sitting room to be more comfortable. Also noisy AC throughout.
All in all. our stay was comfortable but for what we were paying, they could provide a bit more. They were very good about us cutting our trip short because we had to leave a day earlier to Beijing and they had no problem with refund.
If we are to come back to Shanghai, I probably look for a different hotel next time but in the same area.
22 Apr 2013
Needs maintenance! Beds hard!!
Looks good and not bad of a locatioin, excellent coffee shop and Italian Restaurant across the street, however, after leaving the lobby it gets worse. The rooms were dirty, beds hard and apartment was in need of general maintenance, which it looked like hadn't been done for some time. Terrible service at the front end, no english speaking staff and they all smoked at the front counter, very unprofessional given the amount of places we have stayed. This place needs work, however, it is in not a bad area.............it worked for us for the 3 nights we were there.
20 Jun 2015
The earlier reviews are true, and to date, Jun 2015, there is absolutely no improvement.
1. Aircon in the main living space works but is noisy in one room and doesn't work at all in another. Maintenance was called in and guess what? They said that the aircon is old, so noisy, and the other they also don't know why it doesn't work. Promised to bring in a fan that never appeared. Nothing was done, and really, I doubt they will ever bother.
2. Water heater is not working well, going cold suddenly in the middle of a shower and to get back hot water requires turning the control to hot again, and wait till you hear the heater switching on again. Yes, the heater is just above the bathroom and you can hear the trigger. If the bath tub stopper doesn't look like it has rusted since 1960s, I would use it, so as to control the hot and cold better. Same thing concerning maintenance. They simply said it isn't so bad, and can be controlled, at a relatively high temperature. With my limited mechanical engineering knowledge, it is obvious that the thermostat is faulty. It is so hard to replace it?
3. Kitchen ware are not usable. They are in terrible state! Do not use them! They don't even provide detergent. Only the microwave and water kettle are of any real use. The refrigerator is working fine too! But infested by cockroaches. One side of a star for this.
4. There is only one safe in the room where the aircon is not working. Another side of a star for this.
5. Stay around till 9am or 10am and the cleaners will turn up. Observe how they clean the room, especially the floor, and you wouldn't be surprised to find a used condom underneath the sofa.
6. Quite a bit of pillows and blankets available for use and is changed daily, so another side of the star.
7. There is no wifi at all! Unless you go down to the lobby. Seriously?!
8. Note that there is no other facilities like other hotels, e.g. no swimming pool, gym, etc. Not common in China?
9. They are quite generous with the tissue, toilet paper and toiletries. Another side of the star.
10. Ok location, near to Jing An temple area, where it is a shopping and eating heaven. There are great eateries nearby, like up North, there are some nice wan ton soup, a BBQ stall that opens for the night through the night, and cheap local food near the road that leads to the MRT stations. It is also near a supermarket down south, and a convenience store just opposite. More importantly, a great massage place right on the ground floor of this hotel. Another two sides of a star.
This is a ok hotel stay for people who don't mind the above mentioned.