New Pearl River International Apartment photos (1)
New Pearl River International Apartment
795 Binjiang East Road, Guangzhou, China
professional photos (1)
About New Pearl River International Apartment
check-in 2 PM | check-out 11 AM
Situated on the bank of the Pearl River, New Pearl River International Apartment is just 5 minutes' drive from Lujiang metro sta
Situated on the bank of the Pearl River, New Pearl River International Apartment is just 5 minutes' drive from Lujiang metro station. Travellers can reach the property in around 45 minutes' drive from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. Indulge in an invigorating workout session at the hotel's modern fitness centre or cool off with a few laps in the outdoor pool. Guests can also pamper themselves with relaxing massages, offered by the hotel. Leisure facilities available here are table tennis and games room. For corporate travellers, it features a self-service business centre and flexible meeting rooms, equipped with latest audio-visual equipment. Tour assistance, laundry service, private parking and complimentary WiFi access are the other conveniences offered here.
The hotel's 158 meticulously designed rooms and apartments feature wooden/carpet flooring, large windows and premium furnishings. Flat-screen TV, mini bar, tea/coffee maker, direct dial telephone, separate work desk and free WiFi access are the common amenities in rooms. Apartments also feature well-equipped kitchenette.
For a hearty meal, visit the hotel's restaurant that serves mouth-watering Chinese delicacies. It also features a bar offering local and international spirits. Serving lip-smacking Indian curries, Jewel of India Restaurant is about 15 minutes' drive from here.
Home to more than 5,000 animals, the Guangzhou Zoo is about 20 minutes' drive from the property.
Facilities offered in New Pearl River International Apartment :
New Pearl River International Apartment Hotel policies
Check in/out Hotel Check-in Time is 2 PM, Check-out Time is 11 AM.
Cancellation Policy Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check the Fare policy associated with your room.
Extra Bed The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
Payment Mode You can pay now or you can pay at the hotel if your selected room type has this option.
User rating & reviews
Read about experiences of fellow travellers who have stayed at this hotel.
EXCELLENT 1 reviews
VERY GOOD 18 reviews
AVERAGE 12 reviews
POOR 4 reviews
TERRIBLE 3 reviews
20 Oct 2011
Staff were helpful, but rooms were awful. Peeling paint, leaking shower, stained bedding. Bed was like sleeping on stone, very hard.
06 Jun 2011
Location wise: it's not near the tourist spots. Food and convenient stores are nearby.
Transport option: only viable option is by Taxi, no metro rail station nearby.
Apartment: Was a good and roomy size
Amenities: TV, Kettle, 4 cups, no folk/spoon, etc., no kitchen, no wi-fi in room, just cable broadband, no washing machine (they want to charge hotel rates for laundry!)
Others: The water heating (hot water) was terrible, it just goes from hot to cold to hot to cold continuously, so had to resort to filling up the tub to have a comfortable "cleaning" process...
The swimming pool is a share facilities with the surrounding blocks of private apartments in the area, so it does become very pack!
And throughout the 4 nights we were there, I don't think they ever bother to mop the floor, I guess their concept was for guess to wear the provided rubber slippers in the apartment?!
Oh, one more thing, I don't know whether it's the common thing in Guangzhou, but the beds (mattress) were like a piece of wooden board! I'm not joking!
Overall, I won't be back and wouldn't advise friends to go to this "hotel" apartment.
05 May 2011
Value for money if you are loo....
We're actually staying here at the time of writing this comment. It's a good value for money if you are not too picky. I'm not sure if I'd want to come back here again as I think I should be able to find a better accommodation within this price range here in GZ. However, I'm not too completely disappointed with it either. Here's my two cents:
What I like about this service apartment is....
- Good price for the size of the room.
- The unit have a/cs in every room including living room & bedroom
- The bedrooms are actually quite nice. The beds are hard but we're used to hard beds.
- Laminated flooring not carpet
- Curtains have blackouts
- There are tvs in the master bedroom and in the living room
- Quite convenient location. About 10-15 mins taxi ride to Pazhou complex for Canton Fair (RMB25). there's a few restaurants, family mart & another c-store, bakery, china mobile shop nearby the apartment complex.
- The staff are helpful but their English is quite limited.
- Have internet (but also see below)
- They do provide toiletries and towels. There's a mini bar in the room.
- The unit is not that clean. Only the beds that seems to be cleaned.
- The bathroom is very disappointing. It's very dated with mold in many corners. The toilet seat was almost broken when we checked in and it's now officially completed broken. They used a really cheap material on this one.
- Some of the materials used in this unit are pretty good but some are of lower quality so you can see noticeable wear and tear in some areas while some still look new. I guess it's the problem of sourcing materials when they renovated the units.
- Noise! I guess the walls are thin because we can hear noises through the wall both within the unit and from other units.
- The view - I was hoping we'd get a river view but instead we got the other building view instead. It's too bad but we checked in very late and was too tired to ask for the better view room.
- The internet is not reliable. It's high speed but sometimes it takes forever to load international sites. It's NOT WI FI. There's only one LAN connector which is in the living room. They did give me a long LAN cable but it's not long enough to use in the master bedroom. (Btw, this is not related to the apartment's internet connection but google-related sites like gmail, google docs are pretty much useless in China).
Note: There's a kitchen but it's locked and I think you have to pay for it. The staff unlocked it briefly to check on the water heater so I had a brief look at how it's like. It's quite dirty and there're no utensils. I guess it hasn't been used for a really long time.
17 Apr 2011
Will never go back again!!!!!!
This apartment is terrible. The rooms were smell bad and very dirty. The carpet in the room looks very old and dirt. The bathroom sink was suck (stuck); the shower was not working and the bath tub was dirty and I couldn't even sit in. The beds were so rough and we couldn't fall into sleep. The room has many bugs and my son's face got bit all over his face. My relative couldn't even recognize my son next day. It was extremely terrible. We checked in at night and we couldn't wait to get out of the apartment at 6 in the morning.
27 Feb 2011
No soap in Chinese hotels for ....
This apartment hotel is close to Lujiang metro line and quite easy to reach. The apartment block is in a nice garden within a larger relatively modern new residential area. I had a two bed room apartment with living room; the decoration is basic. To my surprise no amenities are offered, not soap, no shampoo, no tea bags, which are standard in Chinese hotels. I ask the reception why the room has not been supplied with these basics, and was informed that the hotel has stopped providing soap etc, but you can buy it in the hotel for 8 RMB (1 USD). I found this a bit strange - they will they ask for extra money to get a bed sheet I wonder. The hotel is not a youth hostel, but a mid-range prized hotel.