9 Shijia Hutong, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China
professional photos (1)
About Saga Youth Hostel Beijing
check-in 2 PM | check-out 11 AM
Situated in Dongcheng district, Saga Youth Hostel Beijing is just 10 minutes walk from Dengshikou metro station. Guests can access
Situated in Dongcheng district, Saga Youth Hostel Beijing is just 10 minutes walk from Dengshikou metro station. Guests can access the property in about 30 minutes drive from Beijing Capital International Airport. Attractions like The Palace Museum and Sun Dong An Plaza are within 10 minutes drive of the hotel.
Featuring wooden flooring and sober interiors, the 68 rooms of the hotel are spacious and comfortable. Room conveniences include air conditioning, cable TV, tea/coffee maker, bedside lamps, work desk and free Wi-Fi access. Bathrooms are complete with shower and required toiletries.
Those travelling with extra baggage can easily store it in the luggage storage section of the hotel. For convenient travelling, guests can make use of taxi rentals and airport transfers service. Other facilities include laundry, meeting facilities, ticket service, business centre and Wi-Fi access.
Every morning, visit the in-house dining hall to relish a variety of nutritious regional delights. Relish appetising local and international meals at the hotels Chinese and Western Restaurant. Also, enjoy fermented drinks and beverages at the bar on site. Chomp fresh Indian breads and toothsome curries at Raj Indian Restaurant and Bar, accessible in 15 minutes drive from the hotel.
Places of tourist interests, like the Baohedian, Yangxindian and Qianqinggong can be reached in only 10 minutes' drive from Saga Youth Hostel Beijing.
Check in/out Hotel Check-in Time is 2 PM, Check-out Time is 11 AM.
Cancellation Policy Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check the Fare policy associated with your room.
Extra Bed The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
Payment Mode You can pay now or you can pay at the hotel if your selected room type has this option.
User rating & reviews
Read about experiences of fellow travellers who have stayed at this hotel.
EXCELLENT 29 reviews
VERY GOOD 38 reviews
AVERAGE 15 reviews
POOR 4 reviews
TERRIBLE 3 reviews
Friends getaway Traveller
08 Feb 2018
Happy Dragon. Saga Youth Hoste....
There are few hostels with the name alike, but the one I stayed was Happy Dragon. Saga Youth Hostel in Beijing, which was amazing, well located , the staff was very friendly, especially Iris, who was always there to help! Rooms are not a luxury but they are spacious ,plenty of hot water and heating system very important during the winter time, they organize the tour for a fair price even though I arranged my tours with an agency, breakfast is quiet good!
I'd love to stay here again!
Friends getaway Traveller
01 Nov 2017
It is "Happy Dragon Saga Youth....
I booked this place from Agoda as "Happy Dragon Saga Youth Hostel", it is confusing us a little because we actually read review from the "Happy Saga Youth Hostel" :P
Anyway, this place is not a bad choice though.
1. The nearest Metro Station to this hostel is DengShiKou Exit A, then you walk to the "Shi Jia Hu Tong", you will pass a school, some guest house, "Shi Jia Hu Tong" is almost at the end of the street. Its about 700-800m walking.
2. A lot of eateries nearby!
3. Friendly staff and speak good english
4. The bed is more on the hard side, i like it :) but just thought of letting people know that it is hard
5. A little bar on the ground floor (i think they serve breakfast with a cost), and they also serve beer during night time, they also have some special event like "making dumpling" too.
6. We got the Mutianyu Great Wall package from the hotel which cost about RMB280 per pax (including entrance/transport/lunch), excluding cable car (about RMB120 two-ways). Fairly good tour.
7. Surrounded by local houses in a hutong. We kind of like it :)
Can be improved:-
1. Slow Wifi - good enough to do some wechat chatting but slow if we need to browse. Please make sure you set search engine to baidu.com or others and NOT google.
2. Bad sound proofing - we can hear talking,chatting,walking,running pretty clearly from the room, it can be annoying when you hear people pulling the luggage passing ir talk very loudly through your room in the middle of the night. Probably adding carpet to the floor or some padding will help. But if you are light sleeper, please try to get a room that is further inside of the corridor.
I would say for the price we paid, all aspect of the hotel is acceptable.
I recommend it for budget stay :)
Solo travel Traveller
02 Jun 2017
Great budget stay in Beijing
Great location and transport links for the price (2 nearby subway stops and Tiananmen is easily walkable).
Dorm rooms and shared bathrooms are standard for the price, but they're super clean and the staff are really helpful. Would recommend.
Solo travel Traveller
28 Apr 2017
Beijing Saga Youth Hostel
Located in the heart of the cultural district. Not easy to find at first, it a 10 minute walk from ???A? Dengshikou Exit A. Really cool hostel. The staff is so kind and you can speak English. You can choose some of the tours they offer like Great Wall Tours, Night Shows, City Tours and Night Tours ...
23 Apr 2017
From the moment we stepped through the door the staff were more than helpful. Room was spacious and clean, bar was cheap and staff excellent. Booked an extra night upon our return from the Great Wall with no hassle. Great location - though make sure you familiarise yourself with your surroundings as can be tricky to find in the dark. Beijing was amazing and so was the Saga Youth Hostel. Would highly recommend.