Property Location With a stay at Beijing Xinyuan Hotel in Beijing (Xuanwu), you'll be within a 15-minute drive of Tiananmen Square
Property Location With a stay at Beijing Xinyuan Hotel in Beijing (Xuanwu), you'll be within a 15-minute drive of Tiananmen Square and Great Hall of the People. This 5-star hotel is 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from Forbidden City and 5.6 mi (9 km) from Beijing Aquarium.
Amenities Don't miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including a nightclub, an indoor pool, and a sauna. Additional amenities at this hotel include concierge services, an arcade/game room, and a hair salon.
Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
Check in/out Hotel Check-in Time is 12 PM, Check-out Time is 12 PM.
Cancellation Policy Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check the Fare policy associated with your room.
Extra Bed The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
Payment Mode You can pay now or you can pay at the hotel if your selected room type has this option.
User rating & reviews
Read about experiences of fellow travellers who have stayed at this hotel.
EXCELLENT 14 reviews
VERY GOOD 58 reviews
AVERAGE 29 reviews
POOR 3 reviews
TERRIBLE 2 reviews
16 Nov 2017
Not recommended for Westerners
This property is mainly used by Chinese guests and I can understand why. Where to start on the niggly but nonetheless annoying and disappointing aspects of my 6 night stay on business? Well in no particular order:
- Staff - especially front desk and lobby - generally speak little or no English, and mostly exude an attitude of not caring much about customer service.
- Breakfast service is a limited buffet of mainly local foods with a smattering of unappetising dry pastries, nasty breads and a couple of cereal choices. I discovered that the room service menu hanging on my bedroom door was better, including oatmeal (good) eggs any style, bacon, ham, etc. but read on...
- Housekeeping service very variable: One day no replacement towels or bathmat or tissues, another day green tea bags replaced with black, and so on. After the first morning taking room service breakfast the order card ("place outside door before 3am, etc.") was not replaced. When I asked several different housekeeping and front desk staff I was variously brought: a wet plate, a restaurant menu on an iPad, a hotel carrier bag and finally soap.... In desperation I hand wrote my order on a notepad and left it on the door at midnight. Minutes later the doorbell rang and lo and behold - an order form! The following day still no replacement form left, so went around the loop searching for another yet again.
- Room temperature and A/C centrally controlled with no individual control in the room. So first few nights were cold (in mid-November) then magically the heating came on one day and guess what? TOO HOT! Only option offered by confused and uncaring staff: "Open window"...
- Only Chinese or Korean in-house restaurant options for lunch / dinner, neither with appetising choices for my Western tastes. Only the local beer is more or less adequate, but not so nourishing!
On the plus side:
- Room generally comfortable and spacious (although not well serviced: see above).
- There's a gym and pool - hardly used by locals so always free. However only open between 10 am and 11 pm so no chance to use before a business day.
Overall not recommended for Westerners used to Western brand properties and services. Next time I'll use one of those.
09 Jul 2015
Gorgeous Hotel, but far from 5....
We were definitely impressed with the lobby as we crossed the threshold into the hotel. The decor is beautiful! The rooms did not disappoint and the bath/shower was luxurious to these weary travelers. We took full advantage of the restaurants and the room service which were convienient, but defiantly not 5 star standard. The cost of the food did not equal the quality in the least. The breakfast buffet starts at 6:30 and by 9 the food is overheated, crusted over and not refreshed during the service....very disappointing.
Despite being advertised on the website there is no tour desk or airport shuttle. The normal front office staff does not speak enough English to give directions, but during the day there is a host/host was to assist.
The pool was only open for half of our stay. There is no bar or even wine. The only adult beverage was beer... Not a deal breaker, but disappointing and uncharacteristic of a hotel with a higher star rating.
09 Jun 2017
Away from the attractions
Although we enjoyed our stay with a Sinorama group the hotel was some way from all the attractions. The reception area was well appointed, the staff friendly, though struggled a little with the language barrier. We did do a little walking around the area and found some malls, shops and parks though would like to have been a little closer to the action. The food was good and the rooms well appointed.
20 Apr 2017
Pity about the reception desk
The room was excellent . The location was good since we needed to be at Beijing West Station very early the next morning. Sadly reception were unfriendly when we checked in and were basically unwelcoming. Checking out took far too long. Two other Chinese guests were given priority to us although we were at the desk before them - check out took over 20 minutes. We wouldn't return to this hotel.
10 Apr 2017
Spacious room, Comfortable bed....
Stayed three nights on our Sinorama tour and enjoyed this hotel for the most part.
Pros: room was spacious, bed/ linens very comfortable, bath towels luxurious.
Cons: Lighting in room and especially the bathroom was very dim...hard to see properly to put makeup on or for husband to shave. Occasionally there would be an odour in the bathroom that seemed like It was coming from a sewage backup somewhere. It wasn't all the time, just occasionally.
Lastly, and this I can't blame on the hotel, but our entire group complained of our rooms being too hot but the only way to rectify this was to open the windows as the AC could not be turned on. It seems that heating and air conditioning are both controlled by a Central Command. The government only turns on AC between June and August and only if the average nighttime temps are above 22C. So in the hotel's defence, it seems this is out of their control.
First night we ate at the Korean restaurant off the lobby. The waiter was super friendly and helpful. Menu was on an iPad with pictures. Food was delicious. The breakfast buffet was specially setup in a private room for the Sinorama tour guests. Food was very good with a wide variety of Chinese options as well as plenty of Western choices too.
Wifi was free but ran a bit slow and was tricky to initially sign into.
All in all we enjoyed our stay here, we were just annoyed at the poor lighting in the bathrooms and the heat/AC issue.