Lowest Fare from Tuticorin to Kochi on 19 Jul 2018 - Rs4035
Showing Best Flights For Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Book Jet Airways flights from Tuticorin to Kochi at cheap airfares + 2000 OFF (upto) MakeMyTrip India. Best deals on Tuticorin (TCR) to Kochi (COK) air tickets by Jet Airways at lowest fares guaranteed. Check Jet Airways flight, status, schedule online.
* Fares shown are indicative and subject to change until ticketed for All Airline. Prices are guaranteed only at the time of purchase. Fares shown in this table are not for Jet Airways. To check only Jet Airways fares goto
Jet Airways Page and know More.
Check Tuticorin to Kochi flight schedules, flight status, and flight number for Jet Airways. MakeMyTrip India offers cheapest Air Travel Tickets between Tuticorin and Kochi with Jet Airways.
Tuticorin (TCR) to Kochi (COK) Jet Airways (9W) Tickets, Flight Status, Schedule, Reservation Online: MakeMyTrip India.
About the city:
Kochi, or Cochin as it was until recently known as officially, came into existence in 1340 AD, after a massive flood in the Periyar River, which destroyed the world-renowned port of Cranganore. The flooding caused the formation of a natural harbour at Kochi. Kochi always had the strategic advantage over other sea towns on the Western Ghats due to the international seafaring route between Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the Pacific Rim. Owing to foreign and domestic rules, Kochi gradually developed into a major centre for trade, trading in high-quality spices like pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves. The Portuguese ruled the land, which was called Cochin back then, from 1503, and the city was the first European Colony in India. The rulers built the Fort Emmanuel. In 1653, the Dutch invaded Cochin and took over the reins of the city from the Portuguese in 1663 and built the Fort Williams. However, the Dutch were soon defeated by the Mysore rulers, Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan. It wasn’t until 1814, much after the British annexed most of India, that Cochin became a part of the East India Co. and the British Empire in general. Its spices made Cochin the baseline for British interest in this port. In 1956, after independence, the state of Kerala was formed by uniting the provinces of Cochin, Malabar, and Travancore. Cochin, or now Kochi, is a part of the Ernakulam District, which is a merger of various places including Fort Kochi, Mattanchery, Kanayannur Taluk, and other nearby villages.
How to reach Kochi
• Kochi By Air
– The Cochin International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Kochi, which is 29 kilometres from the main city centre. All major domestic and International carriers operate flights to Kochi on a daily basis. One of the first in the world to operate completely on solar energy, the Cochin International Airport is also one of the busiest airports in the country in terms of international traffic.
• Kochi By Rail
– The Southern Railways, a regional branch of the Indian Railways, connects Kochi to all major cities across India by means of superfast and fast trains. There are two major railway stations in Cochin – Ernakulam Town Station and Ernakulam Junction; most inbound trains halt at either of these stations.
• Kochi By Road
– Kerala has a very strong network of buses run by the state transportation board, the Kerala State Run Transport Corporation (KSRTC), as well as private buses for connectivity within the state. The states connected through KSRTC bus services include Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Karnataka. Air-conditioned deluxe Volvos ply regularly from Kochi to cities such as Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, and Trivandrum.
What to do in Kochi
Kochi is a vibrant shoreline city in the Indian coastal state of Kerala, with the Arabian Sea on the west and the Western Ghats on the east. It was initially known as Cochin under the colonial rule. Kochi lies on the south-western coastline of the Indian Peninsula, with a breath-taking sea view and natural beauty. The establishment of this city dates back to the 1500s when the Portuguese landed here; further colonization of the city resulted in a diverse set of culture and traditions for the city that have been thriving even in the current era. Kochi has been under the influence of various cultures such as the Portuguese, the Dutch, the Chinese, the Arabs, and ultimately the British, and the remnants of the cultures show from the Dutch cemetery and Portuguese and British architecture in the city to the famous Chinese fishing nets in Fort Kochi. Kochi has always had strategic importance as a port, which gave the city the name “Queen of the Arabian Sea”. Casually, Kochi is also referred to as the Gateway to Kerala. This port city has been given many other names such as “Mini England” (British), “Homely Holland” (Dutch) and “Little Lisbon” (Portuguese). Geographically, Kochi lies in proximity to the equator; but the seas and the nearby mountains make it a place where one can enjoy moderate, equatorial weather conditions. Kochi is not a very big town; however, this is a great place to start exploring the beauty that is the state of Kerala. Here are some of the top things to do when in Kochi:
1. Sri Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple
2. Kerala Kathakali Centre
3. LuLu Mall
4. Kerala Folklore Museum
5. Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica
6. Edappally Church Complex
7. Mattancherry Town and Palace
8. Jew Town
9. Paradesi Synagogue
10. Cherai Beach
11. Marine Drive
12. Church of Saint Francis
13. Chinese Fishing Nets
14. Vallarpadam Church
15. Hill Palace, Tripunithura
16. Ernakulatthappan Temple
17. Princess Street
18. Fort Kochi Beach
19. David Hall Gallery & Cafe
20. Subhash Park
21. Bhoothathankettu Dam & Reserve Forest
Major Airports in and near Kochi
Cochin International Airport is the main airport serving people taking flights to Kochi or from Kochi. Major domestic and international fliers de-board here to travel to Kochi and other nearby cities. MakeMyTrip offers a wide range of flights to Kochi. One can easily use the website to book a flight to Kochi or from Kochi. MakeMyTrip flights to Kochi can be availed at highly discounted rates during festivals and off seasons.
Airport name: Tuticorin Address: Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu Country : India IATA Code: TCR Longitude : 0780141 E Latitude: 084317 N Area: 188.57 acres.