* Fares shown are indicative and subject to change until ticketed for All Airline. Prices are guaranteed only at the time of purchase. Fares shown in this table are not for Air India. To check only Air India fares goto
Air India Page and know More.
Check Chennai to Kanpur flight schedules, flight status, and flight number for Air India. MakeMyTrip India offers cheapest Air Travel Tickets between Chennai and Kanpur with Air India.
Chennai (MAA) to Kanpur (KNU) Air India (AI) Tickets, Flight Status, Schedule, Reservation Online: MakeMyTrip India.
About the city:
The city of Kanpur, situated on the banks of the holy Ganga River, is one of the major industrial centres of India. Kanpur boasts of a rich history and is known for its century-old temples. Regular domestic flights to Kanpur are available from all major cities in India. Kanpur flights are offered by several leading airlines at varied time slots to meet requirements of different tourists.
Kanpur is considered as the biggest marketplace for textile, leather, chemicals and fertilisers in North India. In the recent past, it has seen growth in other sectors as well, such as food processing, jewellery, plastic and packaging, to name a few. Besides being an industrial hub, Kanpur is home to several tourist attractions. Some of the popular places to visit in Kanpur are the Shri Radhakrishna Temple, Jain Glass Temple, Allen Forest Zoo, Phool Bagh, Nana Rao Park to The Kanpur Memorial Church, Syed Badiuddin Zinda Shah Madar and the mound of Jajmau. While in Kanpur, shopping for leather goods in the local market is a must.
The best time to visit Kanpur is between November and February, when the weather is pleasant. To find about flights to Kanpur and to book cheap air tickets through affordable airfare deals log on to www.makemytrip.com.
Kanpur airport is one of the prominent airdromes of India. It has a well connectivity in between metro cities like Delhi and Lucknow. The major airliner flying from and towards Kanpur is the Indian airlines. The heart of Kanpur is situated at a distance of 17 km. Hotel Orient, Hotel Ashoka, Hotel Bliss, Hotel Mahadeva Regency etc. are the finest resorts near the airport of Kanpur.
Airport Name: Kanpur Airport (Chakeri Air Force Station) \ IATA Code: KNU \ Address: Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh \ Country: India \ GMT Offset: +5.30 hours from utc/gmt \ Latitude: 26.402779 \ Longitude: 80.4125
About the city:
Chennai is the capital of Tamil Nadu, situated on the Coromandel Coast along the Bay of Bengal. It is the fifth largest urbane settlement in India, a hub for culture, commerce, and education in all of South India. The main city and its adjoining regions form the limits of what was initially known as Madras, presently called the Chennai Metropolitan Area. Chennai is visited by many foreign and domestic tourists. While one of the reasons is that Chennai is considered among the safest cities in India, many tourists come here seeking health.
How to reach Chennai
• Chennai By Air
– Chennai International Airport (IATA: MAA) is the main airport serving people taking flights to Chennai or from Chennai. Located in Meenambakkam, the airport is 21 km from Chennai’s city centre. Major domestic carriers operate direct flights to Chennai and from the city, while all major international carriers fly from and to the city too.
• Chennai By Rail
– Chennai houses the headquarters of Southern Railway, one of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways. Three of the major railway stations in the city are Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore (2 km from the city) and Tambaram (which lies in the suburbs). Most super-fast and express trains travel to Chennai on a daily basis, with direct connectivity to top metropolitan cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Kochi, Hyderabad, and Kolkata.
• Chennai By Road
– The Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminal (CMBT) connects cities like Tirupati, Pondicherry, Coimbatore, and Tirunelveli. Among the bus services offered, one could select between deluxe, semi-deluxe, hi-tech, Rajahamsa executive, and sleeper buses; they also connect major cities like Bangalore and Calicut to Chennai.
Chennai is well connected to most neighbouring cities by a network of highways. The five major highways connect Kolkata, Bengaluru, Madurai, Tiruvallur, Nellore, Vellore, and Pondicherry to Chennai.
What to do in Chennai
Chennai has some very classical looking structures and is one of the metropolitan cities in the country, which has the largest number of heritage monuments. The Marina Beach has a 6 km coastline, the longest coastline in India. The San Thomas Cathedral Basilica, built by the Portuguese in 1523 and designed in the Neo–Gothic style, is one of the only 23 Basilicas in India. Chennai is also about 74 km away from spiritual destinations like Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram. Pondicherry and Vellore are two cities that are a drive’s distance from the metropolitan capital city. This city is combination of experiences that bring in foreign and domestic tourists on a daily basis. One must-explore beyond the obvious to really soak in that well-preserved southern culture of the country. If you also want to experience the famous Pongal festival, try to travel here around January. Following places should form your list of must-see places when in Chennai.
1. Mylapore temple
2. Fort Saint George Secretariat
3. Madras High Court
4. George Town Markets and Bazaars
5. Marina Beach
6. T Nagar
7. Cholamandal Artists’ Village
8. Kalakshetra Arts Academy
9. Vivekananda House (Vivekananda Illam)
10. The Turtle Walk: To See Olive Ridley Turtle
11. The Ripon Building
The best time to visit the city is from November until February, when the temperatures range between 20°C and 25°C. During the day, cool breeze from the sea provides relief from the regular sultry weather. Pongal, celebrated in the month of January, makes this a special season to travel to Chennai. From March to June, summers make the city extremely hot and humid, with temperatures rising to a whopping 40°C and above. However, the city is less crowded then, and one can expect good hotel deals during this time. Monsoons in Chennai last from July to September, with the city being engulfed in heavy rainfall and strong winds.
Major Airports in and near Chennai
Chennai International Airport (IATA: MAA) is the main international airport, serving people taking flights to Chennai or from the city. It is located in Meenambakkam, which is 21 km from Chennai. The airport is ranked as the fourth busiest airport in India. The Chennai International Airport has two adjacent domestic and international terminals, which were the first of its kind back in the day. They are named after former chief ministers of Tamil Nadu, K. Kamaraj and C. N. Annadurai.
• The Chennai airport serves as the South Indian regional headquarters for the Airports Authority of India.
• The airport also serves as the nucleus for Blue Dart Aviation, Jet Airways, SpiceJet and IndiGo airlines, and a focal point city for Air India and GoAir airlines.
MakeMyTrip offers a wide range of flights to Chennai. One can easily use the website to book a flight to Chennai or from Chennai, with the major airport being a hub to domestic and international airlines. MakeMyTrip flights to Chennai can be availed at highly discounted rates during festivals and off seasons.
Madras International Meenambakkam Airport
Airport Name: Chennai International Airport IATA Code: MAA Address: Great Southern Trunk Road, Meenambakkam, Tamil Nadu, India Country: India GMT Offset: +5:30 hours Latitude: 12°58′56″N Longitude: 80°9′49″E
PHONE NUMBER: (91) 44 234 0551/234 3323 FLIGHT INFORMATION NO : (91) 44 234 4433
Facilities at Kanpur Airport
Upto Rs. 1500 OFF
Fly for Dussehra, Diwali & Other Long Weekends! Upto Rs. 1500 off on min. 2 tickets with MakeMyTrip - Use Coupon Code "MMTLONGWEEK"
For Dussehra - Eligible Flight Departure Period: 18th Oct - 22nd Oct
For Diwali - Eligible Flight Departure Period: 2nd Nov - 11th Nov