Lowest Fare from Chennai to Amritsar on 31 Jul 2018 - Rs4331
Showing Best Flights For Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Book Jet Konnect flights from Chennai to Amritsar at cheap airfares 30% Cashback at MakeMyTrip India. Best deals on Chennai (MAA) to Amritsar (ATQ) air tickets by Jet Konnect at lowest fares guaranteed. Check Jet Konnect flight, status, schedule online.
* Fares shown are indicative and subject to change until ticketed for All Airline. Prices are guaranteed only at the time of purchase. Fares shown in this table are not for Jet Konnect. To check only Jet Konnect fares goto
Jet Konnect Page and know More.
Check Chennai to Amritsar flight schedules, flight status, and flight number for Jet Konnect. MakeMyTrip India offers cheapest Air Travel Tickets between Chennai and Amritsar with Jet Konnect.
Chennai (MAA) to Amritsar (ATQ) Jet Konnect (JK) Tickets, Flight Status, Schedule, Reservation Online: MakeMyTrip India.
About the city:
A city of both religious and historical significance, Amritsar is one of the renowned places in Punjab. It holds an important place in the heart of Sikhs as it is home to the Golden Temple. The famous temple attracts millions of devotees and tourists every year. Not widely known is the fact that this holy place attracts more visitors than Taj Mahal.
An easy way to reach Amritsar is by air and one can find a number of regular Amritsar flights every day. The city is served by Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport, which connects it to domestic and international destinations. The airport caters to international flights to Amritsar from cities like London, Toronto, Birmingham and Singapore, besides several domestic flights. Other than the Golden Temple, one can also visit Jallianwala Bagh, a historic site and Wagah Border, where the border closing ceremony is held every evening.
All one needs to do is to buy air tickets to Amritsar to catch a glimpse of real Punjab, which boasts of one of the most colourful cultures worldwide. To get best airfare deals to Amritsar, one should try booking tickets in advance. For cheap air tickets or flight deals one can log on to MakeMyTrip.
Amritsar airdrome maintains connectivity between metros like Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi via Jet Airways flights on regular basis. The heart of the city and airport is distanced at 5.1 km. The city has several hotels including Mohan International Hotel (Govt. Approved), Hotel Suncity Towers (Government Approved), Hotel Astoria, Ritz Hotel (Govt. Approved) in the surrounding area of the airdrome.
Raja Sansi Airport
Airport Name: Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport IATA Code: ATQ Address: Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport Amritsar-143101 (Punjab) Country: India GMT Offset: +5:30 hours Latitude: 30 42’ 17’’ N Longitude: 74 48' 11" E
About the city:
Chennai is the capital of Tamil Nadu, situated on the Coromandel Coast along the Bay of Bengal. It is the fifth largest urbane settlement in India, a hub for culture, commerce, and education in all of South India. The main city and its adjoining regions form the limits of what was initially known as Madras, presently called the Chennai Metropolitan Area. Chennai is visited by many foreign and domestic tourists. While one of the reasons is that Chennai is considered among the safest cities in India, many tourists come here seeking health.
How to reach Chennai
• Chennai By Air
– Chennai International Airport (IATA: MAA) is the main airport serving people taking flights to Chennai or from Chennai. Located in Meenambakkam, the airport is 21 km from Chennai’s city centre. Major domestic carriers operate direct flights to Chennai and from the city, while all major international carriers fly from and to the city too.
• Chennai By Rail
– Chennai houses the headquarters of Southern Railway, one of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways. Three of the major railway stations in the city are Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore (2 km from the city) and Tambaram (which lies in the suburbs). Most super-fast and express trains travel to Chennai on a daily basis, with direct connectivity to top metropolitan cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Kochi, Hyderabad, and Kolkata.
• Chennai By Road
– The Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminal (CMBT) connects cities like Tirupati, Pondicherry, Coimbatore, and Tirunelveli. Among the bus services offered, one could select between deluxe, semi-deluxe, hi-tech, Rajahamsa executive, and sleeper buses; they also connect major cities like Bangalore and Calicut to Chennai.
Chennai is well connected to most neighbouring cities by a network of highways. The five major highways connect Kolkata, Bengaluru, Madurai, Tiruvallur, Nellore, Vellore, and Pondicherry to Chennai.
What to do in Chennai
Chennai has some very classical looking structures and is one of the metropolitan cities in the country, which has the largest number of heritage monuments. The Marina Beach has a 6 km coastline, the longest coastline in India. The San Thomas Cathedral Basilica, built by the Portuguese in 1523 and designed in the Neo–Gothic style, is one of the only 23 Basilicas in India. Chennai is also about 74 km away from spiritual destinations like Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram. Pondicherry and Vellore are two cities that are a drive’s distance from the metropolitan capital city. This city is combination of experiences that bring in foreign and domestic tourists on a daily basis. One must-explore beyond the obvious to really soak in that well-preserved southern culture of the country. If you also want to experience the famous Pongal festival, try to travel here around January. Following places should form your list of must-see places when in Chennai.
1. Mylapore temple
2. Fort Saint George Secretariat
3. Madras High Court
4. George Town Markets and Bazaars
5. Marina Beach
6. T Nagar
7. Cholamandal Artists’ Village
8. Kalakshetra Arts Academy
9. Vivekananda House (Vivekananda Illam)
10. The Turtle Walk: To See Olive Ridley Turtle
11. The Ripon Building
The best time to visit the city is from November until February, when the temperatures range between 20°C and 25°C. During the day, cool breeze from the sea provides relief from the regular sultry weather. Pongal, celebrated in the month of January, makes this a special season to travel to Chennai. From March to June, summers make the city extremely hot and humid, with temperatures rising to a whopping 40°C and above. However, the city is less crowded then, and one can expect good hotel deals during this time. Monsoons in Chennai last from July to September, with the city being engulfed in heavy rainfall and strong winds.
Major Airports in and near Chennai
Chennai International Airport (IATA: MAA) is the main international airport, serving people taking flights to Chennai or from the city. It is located in Meenambakkam, which is 21 km from Chennai. The airport is ranked as the fourth busiest airport in India. The Chennai International Airport has two adjacent domestic and international terminals, which were the first of its kind back in the day. They are named after former chief ministers of Tamil Nadu, K. Kamaraj and C. N. Annadurai.
• The Chennai airport serves as the South Indian regional headquarters for the Airports Authority of India.
• The airport also serves as the nucleus for Blue Dart Aviation, Jet Airways, SpiceJet and IndiGo airlines, and a focal point city for Air India and GoAir airlines.
MakeMyTrip offers a wide range of flights to Chennai. One can easily use the website to book a flight to Chennai or from Chennai, with the major airport being a hub to domestic and international airlines. MakeMyTrip flights to Chennai can be availed at highly discounted rates during festivals and off seasons.
Madras International Meenambakkam Airport
Airport Name: Chennai International Airport IATA Code: MAA Address: Great Southern Trunk Road, Meenambakkam, Tamil Nadu, India Country: India GMT Offset: +5:30 hours Latitude: 12°58′56″N Longitude: 80°9′49″E
PHONE NUMBER: (91) 44 234 0551/234 3323 FLIGHT INFORMATION NO : (91) 44 234 4433
customer said he like the fast booking online services and he like the website options compare to yatra
Facilities at Amritsar Airport
Baggage Services: The baggage services are available at both the terminals. Passengers can take the help of trolley to carry the goods safely from one place to another.
Places to Shop and Eat: The people can eat and shop at Snack Bar Counter, STD/ISD/PCO, Snack / Milk Bar and Juice Bar, Novels, Magazines, Newspapers and Periodicals.
Duty Free Shopping: The duty free shopping service is available at the airport
Corporate Flight Deal
Corporate Travel Offer
Do you have the GST number ready? Sign up here to get Rs. 10,000 travel benefits*