Lowest Fare from Chennai to Agra on 27 Mar 2019 - Rs4279
Showing Best Flights For Wed, 13 Mar 2019
Book JetLite flights from Chennai to Agra at cheap airfares flat Rs.500 OFF Cashback at MakeMyTrip India. Best deals on Chennai (MAA) to Agra (AGR) air tickets by JetLite at lowest fares guaranteed. Also book Agra to Chennai JetLite flights tickets online.
* Fares shown are indicative and subject to change until ticketed for All Airline. Prices are guaranteed only at the time of purchase. Fares shown in this table are not for JetLite. To check only JetLite fares goto
JetLite Page and know More.
Check Chennai to Agra flight schedules, flight status, and flight number for JetLite. MakeMyTrip India offers cheapest Air Travel Tickets between Chennai and Agra with JetLite.
Chennai (MAA) to Agra (AGR) JetLite (S2) Tickets, Flight Status, Schedule, Reservation Online: MakeMyTrip India.
About the city:
The sight of this mansion creates sorrowing sighs and makes sun and moon shed tears from their eyes." When Shahjahan said this, he was simply praising his own wonderful creation, the Taj Mahal, for its everlasting beauty. The splendour of one of the Seven Wonders of the World still draws thousands of tourists to the city, which is well-connected through a number of regular flights to Agra.
Boasting of majestic monuments, such as the Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Jama Masjid and of course, Taj Mahal, Agra is a city of historical significance. Lying on the banks of Yamuna River, the erstwhile capital of India is also a major industrial town. As the city attracts a sizeable volume of tourists every year, one can easily find Agra flights. The city is well-connected to other Indian cities by the nearby Kheria airport and it is not very difficult to get air tickets to Agra.
If one is planning to do a flight booking to the city of Taj, it is better to do it as early as possible to get cheap air tickets. The nearest international airport is the IGI Airport of New Delhi, 200 km away from Agra. Tourists can avail attractive flight deals to and from Agra on MakeMyTrip.
Agra is a magnificent city situated in Uttar Pradesh and is well known for the Taj Mahal. Jet Airways, Air India, IndiGo are the airlines which provide flights to various destinations from Agra. You can get flights to New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Pune. This airport is located about 5 km far from the city. You can stay at The Grand Imperial, Hotel Howard Plaza, Bhoomi Residency and Amar Yatri Niwas, located near the airport.
About the city:
Chennai is the capital of Tamil Nadu, situated on the Coromandel Coast along the Bay of Bengal. It is the fifth largest urbane settlement in India, a hub for culture, commerce, and education in all of South India. The main city and its adjoining regions form the limits of what was initially known as Madras, presently called the Chennai Metropolitan Area. Chennai is visited by many foreign and domestic tourists. While one of the reasons is that Chennai is considered among the safest cities in India, many tourists come here seeking health.
How to reach Chennai
• Chennai By Air
– Chennai International Airport (IATA: MAA) is the main airport serving people taking flights to Chennai or from Chennai. Located in Meenambakkam, the airport is 21 km from Chennai’s city centre. Major domestic carriers operate direct flights to Chennai and from the city, while all major international carriers fly from and to the city too.
• Chennai By Rail
– Chennai houses the headquarters of Southern Railway, one of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways. Three of the major railway stations in the city are Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore (2 km from the city) and Tambaram (which lies in the suburbs). Most super-fast and express trains travel to Chennai on a daily basis, with direct connectivity to top metropolitan cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Kochi, Hyderabad, and Kolkata.
• Chennai By Road
– The Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminal (CMBT) connects cities like Tirupati, Pondicherry, Coimbatore, and Tirunelveli. Among the bus services offered, one could select between deluxe, semi-deluxe, hi-tech, Rajahamsa executive, and sleeper buses; they also connect major cities like Bangalore and Calicut to Chennai.
Chennai is well connected to most neighbouring cities by a network of highways. The five major highways connect Kolkata, Bengaluru, Madurai, Tiruvallur, Nellore, Vellore, and Pondicherry to Chennai.
What to do in Chennai
Chennai has some very classical looking structures and is one of the metropolitan cities in the country, which has the largest number of heritage monuments. The Marina Beach has a 6 km coastline, the longest coastline in India. The San Thomas Cathedral Basilica, built by the Portuguese in 1523 and designed in the Neo–Gothic style, is one of the only 23 Basilicas in India. Chennai is also about 74 km away from spiritual destinations like Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram. Pondicherry and Vellore are two cities that are a drive’s distance from the metropolitan capital city. This city is combination of experiences that bring in foreign and domestic tourists on a daily basis. One must-explore beyond the obvious to really soak in that well-preserved southern culture of the country. If you also want to experience the famous Pongal festival, try to travel here around January. Following places should form your list of must-see places when in Chennai.
1. Mylapore temple
2. Fort Saint George Secretariat
3. Madras High Court
4. George Town Markets and Bazaars
5. Marina Beach
6. T Nagar
7. Cholamandal Artists’ Village
8. Kalakshetra Arts Academy
9. Vivekananda House (Vivekananda Illam)
10. The Turtle Walk: To See Olive Ridley Turtle
11. The Ripon Building
The best time to visit the city is from November until February, when the temperatures range between 20°C and 25°C. During the day, cool breeze from the sea provides relief from the regular sultry weather. Pongal, celebrated in the month of January, makes this a special season to travel to Chennai. From March to June, summers make the city extremely hot and humid, with temperatures rising to a whopping 40°C and above. However, the city is less crowded then, and one can expect good hotel deals during this time. Monsoons in Chennai last from July to September, with the city being engulfed in heavy rainfall and strong winds.
Major Airports in and near Chennai
Chennai International Airport (IATA: MAA) is the main international airport, serving people taking flights to Chennai or from the city. It is located in Meenambakkam, which is 21 km from Chennai. The airport is ranked as the fourth busiest airport in India. The Chennai International Airport has two adjacent domestic and international terminals, which were the first of its kind back in the day. They are named after former chief ministers of Tamil Nadu, K. Kamaraj and C. N. Annadurai.
• The Chennai airport serves as the South Indian regional headquarters for the Airports Authority of India.
• The airport also serves as the nucleus for Blue Dart Aviation, Jet Airways, SpiceJet and IndiGo airlines, and a focal point city for Air India and GoAir airlines.
MakeMyTrip offers a wide range of flights to Chennai. One can easily use the website to book a flight to Chennai or from Chennai, with the major airport being a hub to domestic and international airlines. MakeMyTrip flights to Chennai can be availed at highly discounted rates during festivals and off seasons.
Madras International Meenambakkam Airport
Airport Name: Chennai International Airport IATA Code: MAA Address: Great Southern Trunk Road, Meenambakkam, Tamil Nadu, India Country: India GMT Offset: +5:30 hours Latitude: 12°58′56″N Longitude: 80°9′49″E
PHONE NUMBER: (91) 44 234 0551/234 3323 FLIGHT INFORMATION NO : (91) 44 234 4433
Facilities at Agra Airport
Flat Rs.500 OFF
Get flat Rs.500 OFF on round trip flight booking with MakeMyTrip - Use Coupon Code "MMTFLAT500"