You are here
Philippines Visa Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- The Republic of the Philippines
- Southeast Asia
- IST (+) 2 1/2 hrs
- Filipino (official; based on Tagalog) and English (official); eight major dialects - Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilocano, Hiligaynon or Ilonggo, Bicol, Waray, Pampango, and Pangasinan.
- 300,000 sq kms
- 105,720,644 (July 2013 est.)
- National Day:
- 12 Jun (Independence Day)
- Philippine Peso (PHP) 1 = INR 1.29.
- Tropical climate tempered by constant sea breezes. There are three distinct seasons: the rainy season (June to September), cool and dry (October to February), and hot and mainly dry (March to May). Evenings are cooler. Typhoons occasionally occur from June to September.
Year 2014: New Year's Day, 25 Feb EDSA Revolution Anniversary, 9 Apr Bataan Day (Araw ng Kagitingan), 17 Apr Maundy Thursday, 18 Apr Good Friday, 1 May Labour Day, 12 Jun Independence Day, 28 Jul Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan), 25 August National Heroes Day, 1 Nov All Saints' Day, 30 Nov Bonifacio Day, 25 Dec Christmas Day, 30 Dec Rizal Day, 31 Dec New Year's Eve
- Airline Name:
Philippine Airlines PR
- International Airports:
Ninoy Aquino (Manila) (MNL) & Mactan Int’l (Cebu Islands)