You are here
Country Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- In the Indian Ocean, East of Madagascar
- IST (-) 1 1/2 hrs
- Port Louis
- English, Creole, French, Hindi, Chinese, Bhojpuri, and Urdu
- 2,040 sq kms
- 1,303,717 (July 2011 est.)
- National Day:
- 12 Mar (Republic Day)
- Mauritian Rupee (MUR) 1 = INR 1.87.
- Warm coastal climate (particularly January to April), with relatively little seasonal variation in temperatures, although they are generally slightly lower inland, with more rain on the plateau around Curepipe. Cyclones may occur between November and February. Sea breezes blow all year, especially on the east coast.
- YEAR 2013: 1 Jan New Year's Day. 27 Jan Thaipoosam Cavadee. 1 Feb Abolition of Slavery Day. 10 Feb Chinese New Year. 10 Mar Maha Shivaratri. 12 Mar National Day. 11 Apr Ougadi. 1 May Labour Day. 8 Aug Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan). 9 Sep Ganesh Chaturthi. 1 Nov All Saints' Day. 2 Nov Anniversary of the Arrival of Indentured Labourers. 3 Nov Diwali (Festival of Lights). 25 Dec Christmas Day.
- Airline Name:
- Air Mauritius (MK)
- International Airports:
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam (Mauritius) (MRU)
Disclaimer:These visa rules are only indicative & are updated on best effort basis. Please refer to the respective country's official website to know the complete and accurate requirements.