You are here
Mauritius Visa Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- In the Indian Ocean, East of Madagascar
- IST (-) 1 1/2 hrs
- Port Louis
- English, Creole, French, Hindi, Chinese, Bhojpuri, and Urdu
- 2,040 sq kms
- 1,322,238 (July 2013 est.)
- National Day:
- 12 Mar (Republic Day)
- Mauritian Rupee (MUR) 1 = INR 1.99.
- Warm coastal climate (particularly January to April), with relatively little seasonal variation in temperatures, although they are generally slightly lower inland, with more rain on the plateau around Curepipe. Cyclones may occur between November and February. Sea breezes blow all year, especially on the east coast.
Year 2014: New Year's Day, 22 Jan Thaipoosam Cavadee, 31 Jan Chinese New Year, 1 Feb Abolition of Slavery Day, 27 Feb Maha Shivaratri, 12 Mar National Day, 16 Mar Ougadi, 1 May Labour Day, 28 Jul Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan), 29 Aug Ganesh Chaturthi, 24 Oct Diwali (Festival of Lights), 1 Nov All Saints' Day, 2 Nov Anniversary of the Arrival of Indentured Labourers, 25 Dec Christmas Day
- Airline Name:
Air Mauritius MK
- International Airports:
Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam (Mauritius) (MRU)