You are here
Italy Visa Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- Italian Republic
- Western Europe
- IST (-) 4 1/2 hrs
- Italian (official), German (parts of Trentino-Alto Adige region are predominantly German speaking), French (small French-speaking minority in Valle d'Aosta region), Slovene (Slovene-speaking minority in the Trieste-Gorizia area)
- 301,323 sq kms
- 61,482,297 (July 2013 est.)
- National Day:
- 02 Jun (Celebration in India on 15 March)
- Euro (EUR) 1 = INR 80.31.
- Summer is hot, especially in the south. Spring and autumn are mild with fine, sunny weather. Winter in the south is much drier and warmer than in northern and central areas. Mountain regions are colder with heavy winter snowfalls.
Year 2014: New Year's Day, 6 Jan Epiphany, 21 Apr Easter Monday, 25 Apr Liberation Day, 1 May Labour Day, 2 Jun Republic Day, 15 Aug Assumption, 25 Oct All Saints' Day, 8 Dec Immaculate Conception, 25 Dec Christmas Day, 26 Dec St Stephen's Day
- Airline Name:
- International Airports:
Marco Polo (VCE)
Punta Raisi (PMO)
San giusto Galileo Galilei (PSA)
Sestri Cristoforo Colombo (GOA)
Leonardo da Vinci (FCO)