You are here
Indonesia Visa Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- Republic of Indonesia
- Between Southeast Asia and Australian main-land
- Spans three time zones from IST (+) 3 1/2 hrs to I
- Bahasa Indonesia (official, modified form of Malay), English, Dutch, local dialects
- 1,919,317 sq kms
- 251,160,124 (July 2013 est.)
- National Day:
- 17 Aug (Independence Day)
- Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) 1 = INR 0.01.
- Tropical climate varying from area to area. The eastern monsoon brings the driest weather (June to September), while the western monsoon brings the main rains (December to March). Rainstorms occur all year. Higher regions are cooler.
Year 2014: New Year's Day, 13 Jan Milad un Nabi (Birth of the Prophet Muhammad), 31 Jan Chinese New Year, 31 Mar Hari Raya Nyepi (Hindu New Year), 18 Apr Good Friday, 6 May Waisak Day (Buddha's Birthday), 27 May Lailat al Miraj (Night of Ascension), 29 May Ascension Day, 28 Jul Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan), 17 Aug Independence Day, 4 Oct Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice), 25 Oct Islamic New Year, 25 Dec Christmas Day, 26 Dec Boxing Day
- Airline Name:
Garuda Indonesia GA
- International Airports:
Halim Perdanakusuma (HLP)
Ngurah Rai Bali (DPS)
Soekarno Hatta (CGK)