You are here
Country Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- Republic of Indonesia
- Between Southeast Asia and Australian main-land
- Spans three time zones from IST (+) 3 1/2 hrs to IST (+) 1 1/2 hrs
- Bahasa Indonesia (official, modified form of Malay), English, Dutch, local dialects
- 1,919,317 sq kms
- 245,613,043 (July 2011 est.)
- National Day:
- 17 Aug (Independence Day)
- Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) 1 = INR 0.01.
- Tropical climate varying from area to area. The eastern monsoon brings the driest weather (June to September), while the western monsoon brings the main rains (December to March). Rainstorms occur all year. Higher regions are cooler.
- YEAR 2013: 1 Jan New Year's Day. 24 Jan Milad un Nabi (Birth of the Prophet Muhammad). 10 Feb Chinese New Year. 12 Mar Hari Raya Nyepi (Hindu New Year). 29 Mar Good Friday. 9 May Ascension Day. 25 May Waisak Day (Buddha's Birthday). 6 Jun Lailat al Miraj (Night of Ascension). 8 Aug Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan). 17 Aug Independence Day. 15 Oct Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice). 5 Nov Islamic New Year. 25 Dec Christmas Day / Boxing Day.
- Airline Name:
- Garuda Indonesia (GA)
- International Airports:
Soekarno Hatta (CGK) (Jakarta)
Ngurah Rai (Denpasar) (DPS)
Disclaimer:These visa rules are only indicative & are updated on best effort basis. Please refer to the respective country's official website to know the complete and accurate requirements.