You are here
Country Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- The People’s Republic of China
- Far East
- IST (+) 2 1/2 hrs
- Standard Chinese or Mandarin (Putonghua, based on the Beijing dialect), Yue (Cantonese), Wu (Shanghainese), Minbei (Fuzhou), Minnan (Hokkien-Taiwanese), Xiang, Gan, Hakka dialects, minority languages (see Ethnic groups entry)
- 9,571,300 sq kms
- 1,349,585,838 (July 2013 est.)
- National Day:
- 01 Oct
- Chinese Yuan (CNY) 1 = INR 9.89.
- China has a great diversity of climates. The northeast experiences hot and dry summers and bitterly cold winters. The north and central region has almost continual rainfall, hot summers and cold winters. The southeast region has substantial rainfall, with semi-tropical summers and cool winters.
YEAR 2013: 1 Jan New Year's Day. 10 Feb Spring Festival (Chinese New Year). 4 Apr Qingming Festival. 1 May Labour Day. 10 Jun Dragon Boat Festival. 19 Sep Mid-Autumn Festival. 1 Oct National Day.
YEAR 2014: 1 Jan New Year's Day, 30 Jan Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), 4 Apr Qingming Festival, 1 May Labour Day, 2 Jun Dragon Boat Festival, 8 Sep Mid-Autumn Festival, 1 Oct National Day.
- Airline Name:
- Air China CA
- International Airports:
Capital Central (BJS) (Beijing)
Hongqiao (Shanghai) (SHA)
Disclaimer:These visa rules are only indicative & are updated on best effort basis. Please refer to the respective country's official website to know the complete and accurate requirements.