You are here
Country Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- Federative Republic of Brazil
- South America
- Brazil spans several time zones from IST (-) 7 1/2 to (-) 10 1/2 hrs
- Portuguese (official and most widely spoken language) note: less common languages include Spanish (border areas and schools), German, Italian, Japanese, English, and a large number of minor Amerindian languages
- 8,547,403 sq kms
- 201,009,622 (July 2013 est.)
- National Day:
- 07 Sep (Independence Day)
- Brazil Real 1(BRL 1 = INR 26.88.
- Varies from arid scrubland in the interior to the impassable tropical rainforests of the northerly Amazon jungle and the tropical eastern coastal beaches. The south is more temperate. Rainy seasons occur from January to April in the north, April to July in the northeast and November to March in the Rio/São Paulo area.
- Airline Name:
- Varig (RG)
- International Airports:
Galeao(GIG) (Rio De Janeiro)
Guarulhos (Sao Paulo) (VCP)
Brasilia International (BSB)
Disclaimer:These visa rules are only indicative & are updated on best effort basis. Please refer to the respective country's official website to know the complete and accurate requirements.