Brazil Visa Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- Federative Republic of Brazil
- South America
- Brazil spans several time zones from IST (-) 7 1/2
- Portuguese (official and most widely spoken language) note: less common languages include Spanish (border areas and schools), German, Italian, Japanese, English, and a large number of minor Amerindian languages
- 8,547,403 sq kms
- 202,656,788 (July 2014 est.)
- National Day:
- 07 Sep (Independence Day)
- Brazilian Real (BRL) 1 = INR 25.16.
- Varies from arid scrubland in the interior to the impassable tropical rainforests of the northerly Amazon jungle and the tropical eastern coastal beaches. The south is more temperate. Rainy seasons occur from January to April in the north, April to July in the northeast and November to March in the Rio/São Paulo area.
Year 2014: New Years Day, 20 Jan Founding of Rio de Janeiro, 25 Jan Founding of São Paulo, 3 Mar Carnival, 18 Apr Good Friday, 21 Apr Tiradentes, 1 May Labour Day, 19 Jun Corpus Christi, 7 Sep Independence Day, 12 Oct Our Lady of Aparecida, 2 Nov All Souls' Day, 15 Nov Republic Day, 24 Dec Christmas Eve, 25 Dec Christmas Day, 31 Dec New Year's Eve.
- Airline Name:
- International Airports:
Brasilia International (BSB)
Santa Cruz (SNZ)
Governador Andre Franco Montoro (GUR)
Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim International (GIG)