You are here
Country Fact Finder
Find details and information on the country you are visiting. From Currency to Climate and Area to Airports, get the facts before you travel.
- Indian /Pacific Oceans
- Spans three Time zones, varying from IST (+) 4 1/2 hrs to IST (+) 2 1/2 hrs
- English 78.5%, Chinese 2.5%, Italian 1.6%, Greek 1.3%, Arabic 1.2%, Vietnamese 1%, other 8.2%, unspecified 5.7% (2006 Census)
- 7,682,300 sq kms
- 22,262,501 (July 2013 est.)
- National Day:
- 26 Jan (Australia Day)
- Australian Dollar (AUD) 1 = INR 55.23.
- Australia is in the southern hemisphere and the seasons are opposite to those in Europe and North America. There are two climatic zones: the tropical zone (in the north above the Tropic of Capricorn) and the temperate zone. The tropical zone (consisting of 40 per cent of Australia) has two seasons, summer (‘wet’) and winter (‘dry’) while the temperate zone has all four seasons.
YEAR 2013: 1 Jan New Year's Day. 26 Jan Australia Day. 29 Mar Good Friday. 30 Mar Holy Saturday. 1 Apr Easter Monday. 10 Jun Queen's Birthday Celebrations. 25 Dec Christmas Day. 26 Dec Boxing Day.
YEAR 2014: 1 Jan New Year's Day, 26 Jan Australia Day, 18 Apr Good Friday, 19 Apr Holy Saturday, 21 Apr Easter Monday, 25 Apr ANZAC Day, 9 Jun Queen's Birthday Celebrations, 25 Dec Christmas Day, 26 Dec Boxing Day.
- Airline Name:
- Qantas QF
- International Airports:
Sydney (Kingsford Smith) and
Disclaimer:These visa rules are only indicative & are updated on best effort basis. Please refer to the respective country's official website to know the complete and accurate requirements.