Land of the Thunder Dragon. Land of Gross National Happiness. Many epithets have been used to describe Bhutan. But the most enduring quality about this little mountain kingdom is, perhaps, its simplic.. Read More
Amidst the towering mountain ranges of the Himalayas, lies the beautiful country of Bhutan. A country endowed with exceptional scenic beauty, Bhuatan is also known for its rich cultural and religious .. Read More
Absolution is reached by attaining happiness, it is said. By that measure, the Bhutanese are quite advanced. The happiest country in the world would like to welcome you.
Enjoy stay in cultural hotspot.. Read More
Enjoy the best of Bhutan with this package. Explore the sights of Thimpu and Paro in these 6 days. You will visit the Buddha View Point, which has the largest Buddha statue in Bhutan. Other sights inc.. Read More
From Fertility Temples to soaring landscapes, from Dzongs and monasteries with colourful histories to the genial simplicity of the locals - Bhutan is really an other-worldly experience! Enjoy visits t.. Read More
Begin your journey to the land of Buddhism from Delhi and Kolkata. The beautiful hills, peaceful towns, quaint and spiritual monasteries, gentle river streams and amiable people of Bhutan are sure to .. Read More
The Kingdom of Bhutan is a culturally rich country, engulfed by the Himalayas, a heritage of a strong Buddhist influence, and beauty of the towering mountain ranges. Enjoy a 4-day stay in Bhutan to ex.. Read More
From picturesque valleys to villages, Bhutan is known for its incredible beauty and rich heritage . Be it the friendly locals or unique traditions, the country offers a unique cultural experience to e.. Read More
Reach the spiritual land of Bhutan, with its prevalent Buddhist influence, from Delhi and Kolkata. The beautiful hills, quaint serene towns, spiritual monasteries, gentle river streams and amiable peo.. Read More
Bhutan, the land of a thousand smiles, welcomes you! This weeklong holiday presents the best of this tiny Buddhist kingdom on a platter.
From the splendid locales of Punakha to the cultural cote.. Read More
Begin your journey to the beautiful country of Bhutan from Delhi and Kolkata. The beautiful hills, peaceful towns, quaint and spiritual Buddhist monasteries, gentle river streams and amiable people of.. Read More
Depart from Mumbai to visit the happiest country in the world - Bhutan. From cultural hotspots, national libraries, imposing Buddhist statues to historic forts and monasteries, this holiday package to.. Read More
Escape the monotonous life and take a week-long holiday to Bhutan, a small country which will please you with its serenity and beauty. Enjoy picturesque drives as you hop from one beautiful town to th.. Read More
Bhutan Tourism - If you think Bhutan tourism is something ordinary, you might have to rethink again. Embracing the Himalayan kingdom with a touch of magic and mystery, Bhutan is the place where culture and global developments come together. A peaceful landlocked country in South Asia, Bhutan tourism is known for the civilized and friendly people you get to meet over there. Bhutan, the land of the Thunder Dragon is without doubt one of the world`s most unusual countries. Bhutan lies in the eastern Himalayas, bordered north by China and on all other sides by India. With its surrounding mountain and mountainous terrain, Buddhist monasteries and uniquely preserved culture & tradition, it became a dream destination for a different set of travelers...[+] More
This is a country where smoking cigarettes is illegal, where chilies are not just use for seasoning, but also the as an entire dish and where the rice is red. Bhutan takes its Buddhism seriously, it is a deeply Buddhist land, where giant protective penises are painted on the walls of most houses and where men wear a tunic to work. Bhutan Tourism also offers you a superb opportunity to relax your muscles by giving them a good workout with a range of adventurous sports. There are so many things you will experience out of Bhutan tourism packages; here we list out a few things you must not miss.
- Thimphu is the capital of the country which proudly boasts of having the world's largest Buddha statue. The Buddha is made out of bronzed and coated with gold and measures up to 51.5 meters in height. There is an impeccable aura and a sense of peace and happiness which automatically comes to you the minute you are there. You can also witness people in national dress greeting you on their way.
- If you like to know more on the rural life of Bhutan, you can request for National Folk Heritage Museum in Thimpu in your Bhutan tourism package. You can see a village house with all the essential household stuff and also come across a restaurant which serves some scrumptious and authentic Bhutanese food.
- National Library which gives out details on Buddhist philosophy.
- The locals gather at National memorial chorten to meditate, pray, and also for meeting each other.
- The market is Thimphu has traditional textiles, metal, wooden, wool, and bamboo products.
Trip to Paro:
- Paro, a charming town is where the international airport is present. The place is surrounded by hills and the moment you get out of the plane you can smell the crisp mountain air.
- Straight from the airport you can visit the weekend market where you can find vegetables, grains, dry fish, paan, and dry meat for a sale. What will catch your attention is the red chillies, dried yak cheese, and ear mushrooms.
- The National Museum displays artefacts, historical photographs, and a watch tower.
- You can see an archery league match in this place, which is the national sport of the country.
Hike in TaktsangLhakhanf (Tiger's Nest Temple):
Bhutan tourism packages include a trip to this monastery which was originally built in the year 1962 on the place where Guru Rimpoche meditated in the 8th century. He is the founder of Mahayana Buddhism and most respected Guru. It is 9480 feet above ground and challenges even the most seasoned trekkers. The monastery was destroyed in fire and was rebuilt in 1998. You can view the fluttering prayer flags, prayer wheels, and chanting monks for your company.
Try Burmese Cuisine:
Tourism in Bhutan is not complete without trying the EmaDatsi which is a national dish which is chillies and cheese. The choice of meat your get here is chicken, pork, and beef. Try the butter tea suha which tastes more of butter. You can also taste the fiddlehead ferns, yak meat, and spinach.
Best time to Visit: Bhutan tourism flourishes between May and November. If you are up for the strong winter, you can visit during June to December.
If you plan Bhutan travel, you can experience the charm and magic of this wonderful country. You will see a place that is modern yet conserving its regional and cultural beauty. Tourism in Bhutan is famous among the nature lovers and those who love to explore more about the history and culture of this place. Bhutan tourism gives you another sight of living life and an important vision that how to live life more beautifully.ﾠOne of the best ways to explore Bhutan is trekking. It will take you to gorgeous gorges, lush valleys, stunning lakes, monasteries, temples, etc. Take time out to revel in nature! You must choose a Bhutan tourism package as they give you full satisfaction to and the moments that you will never forget all your life.Bhutan Tourism - Information about tourist places in Bhutan, events & activities, map, attractions in Bhutan. Book Bhutan tourism packages at MakeMyTrip.com